|POSITION:||Senior Procurement & Logistics Officer (Part-time)|
|REPORTING TO:||Senior Team Leader|
|NUMBER OF POSITION:||1|
|DUTY STATION:||Erbil, Iraq|
|CONTRACT DURATION:||4 months with possibility of extension|
|TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT:||Internal & External|
|ANNOUNCEMENT DATE:||16 June 2022|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||23 June 2022|
SWEDO is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious development aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, SWEDO’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services according to the organization’s procurement SOPs and according to donor’s mandated guidelines.
- Ensure that the procurement and logistics documentation is complete and updated accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with donor conditions and audit requirements.
- Advice the line manager on all issues related to procurement and logistics, and ensure transparency and accountability in all activities in every stage of procurement.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports. Report any suspicion of wrong-doings to the line manager.
- Follow and implement guidelines set by donors as per project specifications, prepare to open bidding on multiple projects as needed to move projects forward.
- Evaluate biddings based on guidelines set by SWEDO SOPs and donor conditions and send analysis to management and donor, if required, for consideration.
- Manage the transportation unit, ensure compliance with organization’s processes and donor conditions on this matter, ensure that vehicle fleet is in best working condition, scrutinize vehicle log sheets, monitor fuel usage by each vehicle, and maintain records on vehicle maintenance.
- Communicate with contractors on bidding and tendering process.
- Carry out any other relevant duty as requested by the line manager.
- Follows up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates.
- Maintains records and follows up documentations filing of purchases, shipments, and related matters as per the guidelines.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Must inspect products received for quality and quantity to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Informs other staff and vendors regarding procedural requirements (e.g. ordering and purchasing procedures, available funds, etc.) for the purpose of facilitating the purchasing process with established practices.
- Coordinate with local authorities to ensure timely obtain access letter to import materials to NES.
Archiving and Filing:
- Maintains purchasing documents, files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. answering the telephones, distributing purchase orders, scheduling, copying, etc.) for the purpose of supporting departmental activities.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in administration, procurement or engineering;
- At least three years’ experience in the same position or in the procurement field;
- Must have experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations;
- Must have an understanding of humanitarian principles & values;
- Good knowledge of Kurdish, Arabic and English languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Able to work in a team and as individual;
- Good management, administrative and communication skills;
- Team spirit, good communication skill, meet deadlines and time management;
- Strong attention to details and ability to multi-task.
|SWEDO has a zero-tolerance policy of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) on SWEDO staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by SWEDO Contractors against any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. The staff members and all contract-type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA). All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.|
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] no later than 23 June 2022.
Subject line must read: NES-VA-22-006, SPLA, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills. This position is contingent on expected donor funding.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- How to apply Interested applicants must send their most recent CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] no later than 23 June 2022. Subject line must read: NES-VA-22-006, SPLA, Erbil Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
- Job Reference NES-VA-22-006, SPLA, Erbil