|Job Title: Senior Project Officer for Operational Quality||Reports to: Program Manager|
|Department: Programming – Transitional Assistance Project||Salary Grade: 8|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through the provision of critical relief items, upgrades to shelter conditions and improved access to water and sanitation facilities, educational and psychosocial (PSS) support for children, and livelihoods support. CRS Iraq is seeking to strengthen the capacities of local organizations through building systems and skills for improved performance.
As a member for the Transitional Assistance (TA) project team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on operational capacity strengthening project activities, providing technical guidance and advice on operations (supply chain, procurement and administration) to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. You will coordinate capacity strengthening efforts on HR and finance with relevant staff or consultants, to harmonize the capacity strengthening approach with partners.
Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program and operations quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders. Serve as the liaison between project team and stakeholders to promote project activities, particularly those in relation to operations.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various operational processes and resources at project sites, particularly procurement and supply chain processes, to ensure timely project implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures.
- Support and coordinate capacity building on procurement and other administrative processes and provide operational technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in International Relations would be a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of Capacity Strengthening and for an NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – Spoken and written English and Arabic fluency required. Knowledge of Assyrian, Yezidi, Shabaki, Turkmen, or Kurdish a plus.
Travel – Based in Erbil. Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% to project implementation areas such as Mosul, Sinjar, Ninewa plains, Kirkuk and Baghdad.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: TA Program Manager, MEAL TA Project Assistant, MEAL TSU, TA Operations and Capacity Strengthening PO, procurement and finance staff
External: Local organizations partners’ staff, donors, community members and leaders and other stakeholders as needed.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=149