Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior QA QC Engineer to be based in Halfaya, Iraq.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Provide Quality Management/ Control guidance to Quality/Construction Engineers and EPC/ Construction Contractors to ensure construction work complies with applicable engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instructions
- Plan, coordinate and direct quality program designed to ensure consistency with established standards. Establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product and direct inspectors over testing activities.
- Take lead in supervising the work of the EPC contractors, Act as Focal point for liaison and coordination with the external quality assessment provider.
- Provide technical direction and implement the project Quality work processes, procedures, manuals and systems ensuring the contractors implement the best quality practices and fully comply with all Project specifications/standards
- Ensure compliance with all company statutory procedures, quality & safety standards including any defined recording and reporting procedures
- Monitor and perform technical audits, in progress inspections, testing and surveillance activities to ensure that project quality requirements are being met
- Perform front-end activities supporting the review and implementation of material inspection and control system
- Monitor Request for Inspection (RFI) process of contractors and carry out inspection within scheduled time as per contractor notifications
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as daily status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement, calculations, etc.
- Review contract documents to ensure identification and comprehension of quality requirements.
- Integrate with and work alongside the quality team and perform all related tasks as and when requested by supervisor
Discipline Specific Responsibilities:
- Support Client in identifying global quality requirements applicable to all CONTRACTORs and establishing comprehensive cost-effective project quality systems including resources, project quality plans, project procedures, audit schedule etc.
- Lead and / or participate in internal & external audits and assessments by means of Checklist, Audits Agenda, notification, and Audit reports preparation
- Gather best practices and lessons learned from completed/on-going projects and ensure that client quality assurance system documents are continuously improved.
- Provide independent assessment and feedback to Client on the effectiveness of contractors’ quality management processes and serve as the focal point for review/ approval of their quality plans.
- Prepare quality indicators and trends and develop necessary action plans to achieve quality objectives.
- Implement Project inspection and test Plans, collate Inspection Results, coordinate field inspection activities of Petrofac and Third-Party Inspection agencies.
- Identify specific requirements in the contract, which require to be addressed separately and need to be controlled through specific procedures. Prepare accordingly documents relevant to data control, inspection reporting procedure, technical queries and procedures for concessionary reports.
- Review and provide technical inputs for vendor Quality queries, conformance, non-conformances and analyse fitness to purpose. Provide necessary recommendations that need to be forwarded to the client.
- Review procurement documents to ensure that quality requirement have been correctly translated into purchase requisitions and design documents.
- List procurement inspection criticality rating for various items and vendor quality requirements.
- Ensure the verification of documentation and certificates for materials purchased by Contractors and/or Vendors, means of ITPs, inspection procedures, material certificates, WPSs/PQRs and personnel qualifications, etc.
- Issue of non-conformance reports and track all non-conformance reports and undertake remedial action as required.
- Attend Project kick-off meetings and lead the QA/ QC Section on behalf of CONSULTANT (as required).
- Prepare and issue Weekly QA/QC Reports/presentations to Client; as required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university
- 12 -15 years in relevant experience in Petrochemical or Oil & Gas design / project/construction in a similar position
- NDT Level II, CSWIP 3.1 certification as a minimum
- Exposure to TOFD NDT Technique is highly desirable
- IRCA Certified QA/QC Auditor
- Preferably working with an international PMC or EPC company
- Adequate knowledge and practical applications, international specifications, codes and standards concerning to mechanical and piping
- Excellent English language communication skills in verbal and written briefs and skilled in report writing and compilation
- Work to the highest personal standards and achieve set objectives
- Proven experience with diverse and multi-cultural teams is essential
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.