Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to strengthen our team in UAE.
- Integrate and assure quality of QS Dept Deliverables across BGC’s portfolio of +60 projects (greenfield/brownfield).
- Administer the BGC QS Services contract, accountable for work order proposal reviews, MTO’s (material take off), progress confirmation and reporting to facilitate informed decision making within a project/s and/ or Engineering departments in BGC.
- Implement standardized templates, processes and procedures and train contractors in implementation.
- Ensure consistency of QS activities across all BGC sites.
- Manage information flow to/from Quantity Surveyors.
- Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Review the projects ITT document and give advices to the contract engineer, emphasize on the pricing documents and remuneration / schedule of rates to ensure that it is consistent with the approved contracting strategy and the project execution plan.
- Assessing the requirement for a schedule of unit rates / lump sum / reimbursable approach
- Drafting the associated pricing preambles / schedule of rates
- Definition of the individual unit rates for the contracts for multiple phase activities
- Definition of the scope included in the lump sum prices for preliminaries, engineering and procurement of major equipment, etc.
Provision of Support during Tender, Technical and Commercial Evaluation
- Evaluation of the tender preliminaries, engineering, procurement of major equipment, construction, etc. priced on the Lump Sum, unit rates or re-measurable basis.
- Verification of estimated quantities of work included in tenderers proposals or Engineering contractors deliverables are reasonable.\
- Assistance with the evaluation of tendered proposals and advise on award options.
- Feedback the awarded contract and pricing to cost estimator for database capture.
- Measurement and valuation of the work in accordance with the contract, e.g.: – Man-hour, plant and materials recording or verification
– Measurement from drawings
– Validation and agreement of contractors’ valuations
– Verify and agreement of rates
– Advice to project management on contractual disputes and claims.
- Engaged in value of work done (VOWD), estimating, star rates production, maintaining/amendments to schedule of prices, benchmarking and forecasting.
- Reduce valuation turnaround days and driving cost savings.
- Provide the Project Managers & Teams with accurate QS reports incorporating early warning, forecast completions, and trend analysis.
- Development of construction works Bill of Quantities in accordance with approved templates and project requirements
- Manage interfaces with the Engineering & Procurement Contractor & Implementation Contractors in a collaborative manner to access relevant data to establish BGC’s view of the project.
- Administration of a site cost change management system and register including contractual validation, scope check, estimation and agreement of changes.
Contract Close Out
- Ensure that the as-built cost is captured in a standard format and feedback to cost estimating and database.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree in Quantity Survey and/or Certification from a recognized QS Institution or equivalent experience with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in Quantity Survey and/or Contracting / Construction Management positions in Oil and Gas industry.
- Demonstrated hands on QS experience as well as team management roles.
- Fully versed with tendering process, contract (pre- and post-) management, change control/evaluation, and cost estimating principles and techniques.
- Good understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.
- A broad range of engineering competences covering multi-discipline engineering awareness, knowledge and skills required to produce cost estimates for multi-discipline engineering work scope.
- Good understanding of Tender Board procedures and project contracting environment and market to enable to apply contracting market factor as appropriate.
- Good understanding of project risk management that has impact on project cost elements.
- Project execution practical experience (e.g. engineering, controls, C&P, construction).
- Proven interpersonal and relationships skills in complex environments with ability to work with personnel of diverse background.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations is an advantage
- Development of local national employees through Coaching and training.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations will be an advantage
- Able to work largely unsupervised and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!