The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, works with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
- Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
- Improve public financial management
- Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
- Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
The Senior Regional Manager will coordinate directly with the Director of Regional Integration to oversee the implementation of the core technical components within the designated regions. He/She will manage a technical and operations team at a regional location. He/She will lead the regional effort to strengthen institutional capacity and oversight capability of provinces within the region.
The Senior Regional Manager will undertake a wide range of management and support tasks, including but not limited to those stipulated below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the IGPA/Takamul Baghdad office and office staff, coordinating with the DCOP programs and Objective Leads on technical programming challenges
- Oversee the development of activity concepts and strategies for the improved delivery of public services, public financial management, and citizen oversight.
- Communicate and escalate challenges and accomplishes of the Baghdad office regularly to DCOP and COP
- Maintain and develop the project’s relationship with the federal Government and promote best practices with inter-governmental coordination to better align provincial planning/budgets with citizen needs
- Promote and encourage the integration of gender mainstreaming, equity, and inclusion into regional programming planning.
- Promote team cohesion and a positive work environment for all staff
- Develop and lead implementation of annual work plan at the regional level.
- Work with the team to develop success stories reflecting IGPA accomplishments and success in the field.
- Work with provincial coordinators at respective provinces to update provincial senior leadership on IGPA success, accomplishments, and future activities.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of all M&E documentation.
- Working with technical and Ops teams to ensure that resources are available for the implementation of IGPA activities in the field.
- Ensures all project activities are updated on the project’s database TAMIS with all the necessary/required documentation.
- Identify and address performance and implementation issues.
- Provide guidance as needed regarding the situation in the provinces covered by the regional office.
- Any other duties as assigned by the DCOP.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 10 years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in project implementation and management
- Experience leading and managing a team of staff on USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable guidelines and regulation of the organization
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in a management role
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
- Fluency in English is required
- Address Baghdad
- How to apply You can address your application to : [email protected] Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position is for Iraqi national only.