Location: Basra, Iraq
Duration: 12 months
Rotation: 28/28Role Synopsis
The Senior Reservoir Engineer role is accountable for production delivery, day to day management of these giant reservoirs, its world-class waterfloods and the activity sets underpinning the O-8Q operating plan. A key part of the contract is the development of national staff and this position will be accountable for implementing the development programmes devised for the national reservoir engineers, as well as identifying further development opportunities for them. The role is aimed at developing reservoir management capability, with primary responsibility of coaching and mentoring of Iraqi Reservoir Engineers to this purpose. This will allow responsibilities currently held by the Sunbury Remote Support Team (RST) to be fully transferred to the RM team.
The requisite reservoir management skills will be transferred to Iraqi staff by means of focused coaching and supervised on the job training. Additional learning will be provided by targeted training courses. Activities relating to skills development of Iraqi staff via coaching will represent 50% of the role. The other 50% will be focused on providing reservoir management expertise and inputs relating to oilfield production.
• Coaching and mentoring of Iraqi Reservoir Engineers to develop their skills in strategic reservoir management.
• Update and maintenance of Reservoir Engineering personal development plans (competencies and training plan) and continual assessment of individual progress.
• Responsible for cross-disciplinary integration of data (static reservoir description, dynamic surveillance, and production data) – from field start up to end of production
• Work closely with Reservoir engineers, Geologists and Petrophysicists to develop understanding of current distribution and volume of remaining hydrocarbons, support production plan.
• Work Closely with RST to implement the long-term reservoir management strategy, to manage and provide input into operating plan, base management activities and finding new production opportunities.
• Actively lead the reservoir engineering workfront in the identification and progression of value adding opportunities into the Wellwork hopper and the update of NWD Hopper.
• Provide Reservoir Engineering framework for the interpretation of dynamic field data in support of ongoing production operations on the field e.g. surveillance planning, well work options etc.
• Communicate subsurface uncertainty and risks to other disciplines at Panel and Well by Well reviews, ensuring reservoir management strategy and panel guidelines are followed.
• Performance Management of Main Pay and Mishrif Waterflooding, and coordination with Base Management and Waterflood Operations team to optimize value of water.
• Reconcile Depletion plan assumptions with field performance and recommend changes to optimize delivery.
• Develop and maintain various performance management tools to track reservoir performance against plan and actively feedback with reasons and actions to improve performance.
• Provide well and reservoir performance analysis and predictions utilizing classical reservoir engineering techniques, identifying opportunities to improve sweep and recovery.
Criteria & Qualifications
• Degree in petroleum engineering or related applied science
• Extensive and relevant technical experience (including previous role in Reservoir Management team), 12+ years
• Deep experience of managing mature oil fields under water flood
• Expert in classical reservoir engineering and reservoir modelling.
• Experience of using a variety of classical and analytical techniques to aid reservoir management.
• Experience in analysis of well surveillance data.
• Experienced in PTA, Well test design and analysis.
• Experience of using software packages like KAPPA, PETEX IPM, Nexus / Eclipse etc.
• Project Management skills and agile way of work mindset in delivering reservoir management activities.
• Data science familiarity – experience with large, varied data sets.
Familiarity with business analytics packages – PowerBI, Spotfire etc.
• Great integrator and excellent team working behaviours.
• Experienced Reservoir Engineering coach with established track record in coaching and mentoring roles preferably with National Most of World staff
• Experience of working within or closely aligned with Base management and New Well delivery teams.
• Experience of working in a split site environment.
• Previously worked in the Middle East or for a JV.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.