Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Key tasks & roles and responsibilities
- Ensure all work performed meets the requirements of the standard prescribed in the QA Job Card including but not limiting to Client, SPM, API or ASME.
- Fault finding and resolving any problems within your area of competence. Carry out evaluation of the repairs required and fully document on the QA Job Card.
- Carryout quality maintenance activities through testing, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance of PSV’s, valves and instrumentation equipment as per the plan or otherwise necessary (perform disassembly, cleaning, inspection, measuring, reassembly and re-testing).
- Hands-on experience on dismantling, mechanical overhauling and repair work for all valve and operator types.
- Advanced principles of pneumatic controls and devices and not limited.
- Follow company procedures, work instructions, protocols and vendor instruction manuals when executing maintenance activities.
- Participate in shutdown maintenance and in house project implementation.
- Involvement in troubleshooting, analysis and resolving complex technical field problems independently (where is necessary).
- Evaluate each valve coming to the workshop for condition and failure mode – PSV, Control, Isolation, ESD, etc., including instrumentation Provide appropriate solutions to valve issues (ball valves, gate valves, butterfly valves, safety relief valves, etc.), including supply, spares, work around (within quality and technical limits).
- Travel to job sites and adhere to all site safety and performance requirements.
- Communicate timely updates to management, co-workers, and customers to ensure timely and successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Read and understand Engineering drawings and procedures and close tolerance interface fitting. Carry out evaluation of repairs and document in detail on the QA Job Card.
- Identify and record replacement spares required. Liaise across departments when required to source spares and repairs.
- Ensure PO or trace numbers are listed against any spares used on the assembly and recorded on the QA job Card and signed and dated.
- Carry out mechanical fitting and instrumentation duties.
- Pressure test as per applicable specifications in co-operating SPM safety standards.
- Test ancillaries and instrumentation in accordance with relevant standards, manufacturers’ specification and SPM protocol.
- Observing any anomalies and making necessary decisions for valves and associated instruments. Understand manufacturers’ manuals, Data Sheets and Pipe & Instrumentation Diagrams. Mentoring and tuition of fitters and technicians during the work process
- Observe and sign off testing activities.
- Compile and complete Field activities and Site reports including testing.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.