Role: Well Services Senior Engineer
Department/Function: Wells/Well Services
Location: Basra, Iraq
Duration: 12 months
Rotation: 28/28 Normal Rotation
The Well Services Senior Engineer reports to the Well Services Engineering Team
Leader. The position is responsible for the integration of good oil field practices into
Well Service activities. This approach incorporates both theoretical and practical training
of the WS engineering team. Non-rig engineering program preparation, proposals and
implementation, review, engineering execution and post work reporting of non-rig
operations. The position is responsible for ensuring to implement engineering
standardization, quality, well integrity, and bench marking through implementation of
lessons learned and continuous improvement based on job reviews. The position is
required to interact with other departments including workover / drilling departments and
the sub-surface team.
Key roles and responsibilities include(but not limited to):
- Lead by example with a strong commitment to all areas of HSE Management.
- Manage the design of programmes for all aspects of well services activities, including wireline, slickline, well head maintenance, coiled tubing, nitrogen, stimulation and well integrity repairs. (Focus area will be CT Stimulation/WSO)
- Ensure all pre-job technical calculations are performed, including fractures pressures, over balance, under balance, correct specification of equipment and services and kill fluid requirements, etc.
- Lead in pre-job meetings with service companies.
- Lead and manage work activities in terms of priority and objectives.
- Effectively apply and promote safety standards at the work site.
- Conduct technical audits at contractor facilities.
- Prepare post-job reports and other technical reports as required.
- Conduct post-job reviews with service companies to define performance improvements.
- Offer recommendations for operational improvements plus any optimization opportunities.
- Contribute to the maintenance of office well files.
- Document any HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environmental) incident that may occur. As required, lead initial data gathering and initial investigations.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Varied completions and non-rig engineering and operational experience on land wellsites.
- 5+ years’ experience in a CT engineering role
- 10+ years operational experience in Well Service/Intervention activities
- Proficient in implementing safe working practices, good oil field practices including common oilfield terms and acronyms.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or related discipline.
- Ability to lead a well intervention operation through theoretical and practical approaches
- Ability to understand, develop and sensitize differing cultures
- IWCF/IADC Intervention well control certificate – valid
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.