Role: Senior Wellwork Petroleum Engineer
Location: Iraq – Basra
Duration: 12 months
The well intervention operation is supported by 12 WO Rigs which are dedicated to Install NESP, replace ESP, fishing operations, zonal isolations, hydraulic fractures; well stimulations; well completions and integrity interventions.
This is a rotational position working in Basra. You will be supporting the Wellwork Team, primarily a liaison position with the Workover Team, the role requires a candidate with a strong background of workover and completion planning and execution.
The role requires interfacing with external operators and national oil companies which could impact our operations.
• Daily Tracking WO activities
– Review jobs in agreement with SOR’s /
– Share WO info in subsurface weekly meeting
– Prioritization of WO activities and impact in well schedule.
• Review WO SOR’s. and Programs
– QA SOR v’s Final Programs and results.
– Liaise with WO program writers at early stage to ensure MEST requirements are met.
– Ensure problems are identified before final program.
– Minimize MOC’s
• Maintain a Workover summary/Dashboard per campaign and technology implementations.
– Ensure each WO job (success and failed) has a post job analysis completed.
– Share highlights and lowlights via technical reports.
• After Wellwork/ Work over reviews
– Share success stories in Base Management weekly meeting.
– Review Problems /Implement solutions
• Work over lessons learnt implementation.
– Generate Lessons learnt database
– Ensure problems are communicated within the Wells Teams.
– Seek appropriate, and, introduce technology to resolve issues.
– Post Job Analysis
• Coach and mentor less experienced PE engineers.
– Ensure PEs understand Well service / Work over
Field techniques being utilized
– Keep update Jobsworth/FMD Well-Work
– Keep Workover Activity Updated
-Strong supporter and participant of safety and HSE in all subsurface activities.
-Strong advocate of safety and integrity in all activities and lead by example in HSE.
Criteria & Qualifications
- University degree in Petroleum Engineering.
- Mechanical and Chemical Engineering degrees are acceptable with necessary training.
- Proven experience in Well interventions (rig workover, coiled tubing, stimulations), well completion practices and reservoir performance prediction.
- Upper intermediate level of English proficiency.
- Strong communication, mentoring and coaching skills with ability to work within a multicultural environment.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.