Emerson Measurement & solution Lifecycle Services provides customers with the expertise, technology and processes that can help our customers to operate safely, improve flow products reliability and optimize process capabilities. Our field services keep customer plants operating safely, consistently, and economically.
To provide quality, professional, and profitable after-sales support & service to the Emerson Measurement Solution customers base in Northern region area such as Iraq and support other regions when required, covering Customers for Measurement Solutions products and Systems including Precision Flow, Daniel, Micro Motion, Rosemount Flow & Gas Chromatographs. Having Knowledge of MPFM, WCM and Roxar products is a plus.
These cutting-edge measurements products provide a variety of Solutions to our customers in Iraq. With this being the case, it is imperative that Emerson is in a position to provide local engineering support to our customers on the ground. As and when required and in as a timely manner as our customers would expect. As an Service engineer your role will be to provide after Market services such as the startup, Commissioning, and Maintenance of Emerson Measurement solustion products, you will be expected to provide exceptional services to our customers so that it enhances customer loyalty and satisfaction with Emerson.
Pro-actively work with customers, sales and project team to grow after-sales services revenue.
This role, based in Iraq, Basra will oversee the Service function for the Iraq customers by Working as a Field engineer in Middle East and Africa. The right candidate will be responsible for providing aftermarket services and technical support for Emerson Measurement products. Provide exceptional services to Customers that enhance Customer loyalty and Customer satisfaction with Emerson.
Your role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Deliver excellent services to customers and ensure good commercial results.
- Take ownership in and adhere to QA&HSE-related procedures to this function.
- The service engineer function is varied and complex, the performance demands a high degree of independence. He/she must be prepared to travel and conduct service assignments both domestic and abroad.
- Strictly adhere to the company’s current procedures and guidelines, among them mobilizing/demobilizing, updates of databases, use of time registration tools etc.
- Have a strong oral and written command of the English language.
- Focus on selected targets in collaboration with superior, and have an ability to fully complete assigned tasks.
- Coordinate and conduct service activities at a relevant well site whether at onshore or offshore locations in a safe manner.
- Continual liaison with all relevant internal departments on a regular basis during job planning phases
- Ensure all service support equipment and tools are periodically calibrated and maintained as per organizational standards.
- Provide advance technical support to customers for the maintenance of Measurement solution products.
- Ensuring that equipment works according to the specifications, making improvements to and offering advice about operational procedures.
- Provide Preventive and Corrective maintenance for Rosemount and flow products.
- Carry out Startup and Commissioning activities of Emerson products including Planning, execution and reporting to Customer.
- Identifying and negating deficiencies within the operational procedures of measurement systems.
- Liaising with Divisional Engineering / Manufacturing centers in Europe / USA / Asia
- Carry out site surveys, audits and assessment of Emerson installed base for upgrades.
- Ensuring safe working conditions, scheduling, and coordinating work to tight deadlines.
- Maintain, calibrate, and retrofit the Emerson range products devices.
- Compile service Reports / Time Sheets and Obtaining customer sign off for work undertaken.
- Coordinate with Local Business Partner and client’s multiple jobs.
- Coordinate warranty, maintenance & repair activities for Return Material Authorization.
- Provide field operations support to customers in accordance to with the terms of the customer contract and AMC (Annual Maintenance Contracts).
- Update of CRM on daily basis by driving Quote to Order follow up process
- Support achieving the assigned target in terms of budget revenue and unit sales for that region.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by your line manager
What do I need to be considered for this role?
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level in an Engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Service or Instrument Engineer in a process
control environment with a particular emphasis on commissioning and start-up of instrumentation.
- An understanding of C&I theory, operation & maintenance of system.
- Have a good knowledge of Measurement Products (application, service & operation)
- Ability to conduct customer training on theory, operation, and maintenance of measurement products.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Must be proficient in the English language and preferably Arabic.
- For certain products craft certificate as mechanic or electrician is preferable.
- Long and relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education.