Job Title: MEAL Field Officer
Reports to: Shared Future MEAL Manager
Department: Shared Future
Salary Grade: 5
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through the provision of critical relief items, upgrades to shelter conditions and improved access to water and sanitation facilities, educational and psychosocial (PSS) support for children, and livelihoods support.
About Shared Future
Enabling Durable Solutions for a Cohesive and Diverse Kirkuk and Ninewa Plains, or by its shorter name Shared Future, is a 7.25-year project launched in June 2018. In Phase I and II, the project implemented social cohesion and livelihoods programing, to support families returning to the Ninewa Plains with durable returns, after years of displacement caused by the rise and fall of the Islamic State (IS). In Phase III, Shared Future will expand geographically into Kirkuk to support youth livelihoods. This phase of the project will also emphasize a positive youth development approach in both Ninewa and Kirkuk, engaging emerging adults and late adolescents (14-17s), to expand reach to younger youth. This approach seeks to create an environment where youth can achieve their full potential and contribute to the development of their communities and, in turn, durable solutions.
Job Summary As a member of the MEAL project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of CRS’ work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Under the direct supervision of the Shared Future MEAL Manager, the MEAL Field Officer (FO) is responsible for supporting and coordinating Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning processes. The FO will be responsible for coordinating accurate and high-quality data collection and supporting in database management for both the social cohesion and livelihoods components of the Shared Future project. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project-related monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) activities at the field level, as outlined in the detailed implementation plan and in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices, contributing to ensuring quality implementation.
• Collect and support other MEAL team members in the collection of accurate quantitative and qualitative data using MEAL tools on a timely basis.
• Participate in meetings and workshops to develop, review, and adapt the project’s MEL system utilizing best practices and industry standards.
• Work with partners on their efforts to implement high quality MEAL systems.
• Contribute to accountability to project beneficiaries and local stakeholders; ensuring accountability is integrated in all tools and data collections.
• Complete documentation related to data gathering forms for activities directly measuring project indicators, support other members of the project staff in filling data gathering forms accurately and consistently.
• In coordination with the project team, support in coordinating MEAL field worker activities, support and train enumerators on best practices for ensuring data quality and reliability.
• Shares insights and perspectives based on observations and interactions with community members, colleagues, and stakeholders .
• Perform other functions and deliver other high-quality outputs as determined necessary and relevant to the project.
• High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in project support, with at least one year of MEAL experience. Experience in an NGO would be a plus.
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
• Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
• Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience using CommCare, and/or PowerBI a plus.
Required Languages – Fluent written and spoken Arabic with the ability to make oral presentations and write clear reports and guidance. Proficient in written and spoken English. Kurdish and Turkman is desirable.
Travel – The position is based in Erbil, with up to 30% travel to project sites or partner offices. Minimal regional and international travel for training or project activities, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
• Able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
• Ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory: None. Will support in coordinating MEAL Field Workers activities.
Internal: Shared Future MEAL Manager; MEAL Senior Project Officer; MEAL Project Officer; Social Cohesion Program Manager; Social Cohesion Project Manager; Social Cohesion Senior Project Officers; Livelihoods Program Manager; Livelihoods Project Manager, Livelihoods Project Officers; Field Workers; Community Mobilizers, Procurement and Finance staff
External: Project partners including Caritas Iraq and Iraqi Al-Amal Association; other operational partners and colleague organizations; local government; UN agencies and relevant sector leads
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Address Erbil
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=151