|Job Title: Shared Future Project Assistant||Reports to: Social Cohesion Project Manager|
|Department: Shared Future||Salary Grade: 4|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through the provision of critical relief items, upgrades to shelter conditions and improved access to water and sanitation facilities, educational and psychosocial support for children, and livelihoods support. Through the Shared Future project, CRS Iraq’s social cohesion program seeks to build mutual understanding, tolerance, and trust among religious and ethnic groups in locations in Ninewa: Bartella, Bashiqa, Qaraqosh, Telkeif, Telskof, Nimrod and Wanna.
As a member of the USAID-funded Shared Future project team, you will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective, and efficient project administrative activities in support of the project’s social cohesion programming with youth, religious and community leaders. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, relevant staff in other departments/teams and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Support field activities throughout the implementation process, according to detailed plans. Activities will likely include support for workshop logistical preparations, administering transportation stipends, accommodation, and monitoring, among other tasks.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g., translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g., purchasing requisition forms, advance requests, payment requests, hard copies to finance, etc.).
- Compile and manage data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes (e.g., various contact lists, beneficiary and stakeholder information, service mapping, etc. for share future activities).
- Coordinate appointments and provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc. Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- University degree required. Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Two years of experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO strongly preferred.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and MS Teams) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Required Languages – Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required. Proficiency in other local languages is desirable.
Travel – This position is based in Mosul or Erbil with up to 40% travel with in Ninewa plain or to other CRS offices. Periodic travel to other areas of Iraq as needed and as security permits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to handle high-pressure tasks and meet deadlines in a complex environment
- Experience working with religious and community leaders in Ninewa Plains is a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Shared Future Project Director; Peacebuilding Program Manager, Project Manager, Senior Project Officers, Project Officers, Field Assistants; Livelihoods Senior Project Officer; MEAL Program Manager, Project Officer, and Field Officers; other Program Teams; Procurement, Admin, and Finance staff.
External: Shared Future project partners; other operational partners and colleague organizations; local government; UN agencies and relevant sector leads.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=196