Show Presenter, Programming
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking an experienced Show Presenter for our Programming team at our Baghdad office in Iraq. MBN is a non-profit, multimedia broadcaster that provides news and information to audiences in the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio and digital properties in support of US diplomacy.
Show Presenter is responsible for presenting programs in a fair, balanced and concise manner; engaging guests and viewers in conversation on topics consistent with the mission of the organization. The Presenter is also responsible for researching topics and preparing background materials for programs.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Show Presenter, Include, but are not limited to:
- Introducing stories and report information to audience.
- Setting-up and conduct interviews, using effective interview techniques for taped or live programs.
- Delivering scripted information in a professional and technical manner.
- Acting as moderator during on-air debates between guests.
- Reacting quickly to any breaking news/events while on air and has the ability and background knowledge to ad lib professionally.
- Rehearsing show/program before taping, constantly consulting with production team during this process
- Reviewing topics such as papers, books, films, music and products that are revealed during show
- Providing excellent links and segues between stories during broadcast
- Maintaining composure on-air especially when improvising and Clear pronunciation in Modern Standard Arabic
- Participating in editorial meetings and write stories and produce packages for program(s) as needed
- Maintaining a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors
Candidates are required to have:
- Bachelors Degree in journalism or broadcast journalism (preferred)
- 3-5 years television hosting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written Arabic communication skills.
- Strong on-camera presence and personality required to present current affairs material.
- Exercise self-discipline and time-management skills
- Skilled reader, adept to ad-libbing with ability to handle on-air problems
- A working knowledge of topics and events in Iraq and the region.
- Ability to work well and in a professional under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Experience in interviewing news makers and ordinary people.
- Knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
- Job Reference 1139