Only For Local Iraqi national
Purpose of the Job
Provide Site Management, supervisors and workers with advice and practical support that they require to comply with statutory, GE and customer EHS requirements.
He or she is in charge for one or more construction sites.
Network & Links
Internal: EHS manager / Site manager / Project/ Construction/ Civil / Logistic / Erection & Commissioning
External: Local authorities, Customers, Sub contractors.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Ensure implementation of Zero Deviation Program.
• Identify hazards for all High Risks Activities, assess the risks and define control measures with site management
• Support supervisors to communicate risk assessments and method statements down to the workers level.
• Continuously monitor High Risks Activities and implementation of safety control measures.
• Define and organize entry of personnel, vehicles, plants and machineries by thorough scrutinization of their documents and issue of Site Safety passes and necessary PTW.
• Carry out EHS inspections and advise site management for improvement of safety health and environment.
• Exercise authority to suspend work, in case of deviations in High Risk Activities rules, until corrective actions are taken
• Control necessary PPEs are provided and worn.
• Ensure safety inductions for all new entry and safety training when required.
• Make sure tool box talks are performed
• Assist Site Manager to conduct periodical EHS coordination meetings with GE GRID / Contractors / Partners/ Customers / other governing body and raise important issues to Unit management.
• Provide protection to the neighbours and public.
• Report immediately and investigate all EHS events to a suitable level depending upon the severity or potential severity
• Ensure all preventive measures against loss of materials and production through fire, explosion, theft, unsafe storage and unsafe transportation are in compliance.
• Regularly monitor and ensure compliance of local environmental regulations (country/state).
• Take precautions against pollution, emissions (particularly SF6), energy consumption, waste management.
Job Description and Person Specification
Health, Hygiene and Welfare
• Ensure adequate amenities are provided and in compliance with good work place hygience standard such as proper and sufficient ventilation, clean and protected drinking water, first AID, rest room, furniture, toilet, transportation of workers.
Site EHS system
• Set up and hold up to date the site EHS documents below:
PROJECT EHS PLAN (owned by Project Manager)
EHS SITE MANUAL (Updated through proper approval as and when required)
SAFETY RISK ASSESSMENT AND METHOD STATEMENTS (Updated through proper approval as and when required)
ENTRY & EXIT LOG
PERMITS TO WORK
PREVENTION PLAN OF SUBCONTRACTORS
LIFTING PLANS & LIFTING EQUIPMENT REGISTER
LOTO CHECK LIST
WORK AT HEIGHT EQUIPMENT REGISTER
FIRE EXTINGUISHER CHECK LIST
CHEMICAL PRODUCTS INVENTORY AND MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
EHS TRAINING ATTENDANCE SHEET
LIST OF QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINED PERSONNEL
SAFETY TOOL BOX TALK REPORT
EHS EVENTS (Accidents, First-Aid, Near-Misses)
WEEKLY EHS REPORTs
IMPROVEMENT ACTIONS FOLLOW-UP
LESSONS LEARNED / PREVENTION NOTICES COMPLIANCE
Contractor’s EHS performance evaluation
• Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and processes in ebook and on site
• Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner
Environment, Health and Safety
• Demonstrate commitments to EHS through participation in formal and informal discussions
• Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions
• Participate in the resolution of EHS issues
• Initiate actions to improve environment, health and safety where needed
• Zero severe accident
• Conformity with GE rules & local regulations (country/state)
• On-time reporting of EHS events
• Number of Near Misses
• Numbers of actions closed following Audits, Safety Visits & EHS inspections
• EHS induction for all employees & contractors
• Compliance to Quality processes and procedures and ebook policies
Job Description and Person Specification
• Recognised Health & Safety Qualification or Diploma or equivalent formal qualification
• Additional qualifications as per the country regulations
• Recognised Environmental Qualification or Diploma
• English both spoken and written (TOEIC > 730 equivalent required).
• NEBOSH Certification
• Minimum 3 years work experience on a Construction site
• Practice of the different occupations in Civil Work and/or electro-mechanical erection and electrical commissioning
• Has been employed by a large international, technological and industrial organization
• Technical background (to understand the field activity)
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.