||Site HSE Advisor
||Rotational 4 weeks on/off
||HKN Sarsang Block, Dohuk Kurdistan Region of Iraq
||HKN HSE Field HSE Manage
||As per Company Policy
||As per Company Policy
||March 4, 2021
||Three Month Probation
HKN Energy Ltd. is a privately held, independent energy company with oil exploration and production operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI).
HKN Energy is focused on increasing production of its Sarsang Block, located in the prolific Zagros fold, and thrust belt of Northern Kurdistan. We have a highly experienced, diverse team with work experience in over 80 different countries. HKN Energy is committed to building a company culture that is guided by its Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Teamwork.
|The Site HSE Advisor will be provide essential HSE advice, guidance, support and supervision of tasks and operations in their area of responsibility. The position ensures HKN and Contractor personnel on their location carry out their duties as per HKN Energy standards and expectations. The Site HSE Advisors are coached and mentored by the HKN HSE Field Manager. Level of Seniority: Mid-level.
|Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor compliance to HKN/Contractor HSE policies, procedures, and standards
- Supervise contractor and HKN site HSE personnel.
- Support the delivery of safety meetings for HKN and contractor personnel.
- Support and coordinate Emergency Response Exercises and Drills.
- Respond to all incidents providing support to the incident commander during major incidents.
- Review Control of Work applications and documentation and have input during all tool- box talks
- Work and behave in a safe manner.
- Proactively seek and pursue opportunities for continual improvement.
- Lead by example with positive attitude.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of the workforce, including facility management.
- Ability to multitask. • Ability to write reports in English.
- Ability to address issues observed and facilitate resolutions.
- Ability to train operational personnel in occupational HSE training topics
- Excellent English language communication skills to process and convey information effectively through a variety of methods to a wide range of people
- HKN Audit and Inspections are conducted as per defined targets.
- Provide assurance that the HSE aspects of HKN operations are managed in line with requirements, including, but not limited to:
- Kurdistan National and Local legislation.
- HKN Operational Safety Procedures (OSP).
- HKN Waste Management Plan.
- HKN HSE Management System.
- HKN Departmental Management Systems.
- HKN Emergency Response and Energy Spill Contingency Plans.
- HKN Environmental Management System.
- Be responsible for generating the following documents and reports :
- Daily HSE report including summary of statistics.
- Monthly HSE report including summary of statistics
- Reporting all HSE incidents to HKN and recording all incidents in incident report log
- Report incidents, including near-misses, unsafe acts and conditions.
- Ensure that all drills are carried out regularly and efficiently and generate drill reports.
- Conduct HSE inspections/audits of work sites, equipment, and vehicles. Produce report on findings.
- Represent HKN in incident investigations at site.
- Supervise/observe non-routine operations.
- Provide safety coaching and training for HKN and contractor personnel.
- Participate in safety meetings, toolbox talks, risk assessments and pre-job safety analyses.
- Conduct safety training, drills, and campaigns as required.
- Carry out other task as may be assigned from time to time with agreement of the HKN HSE Field Manager.
- Represent HKN Energy Ltd. on their location as HSE representative.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HKN HSE policies, procedures and standards.
- Promote compliance to HKN Incident Free Lifesaving Operating Rules
- Assist company doctor/medic in health and hygiene audits and follow-up on tracking deficiencies.
- Encourage the use of safe working practices on and around the site.
- Competent with basic professional computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- NEBOSH Certificate preferred.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with other Microsoft office products
- Fluent in English – written and oral, ability to read and write in Kurdish and Arabic
- HSE/Industry relevant work experience of typically 5 years.
- HSE Production Operations experience preferred