Supervises and leads the IT team at Khormor plant and other related projects/offices in KRI. Implements the IT requirements for the Kurdistan operations. Plans, organises and executes all IT functions for all KRI site. Directs IT operation resources to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure. Identifies and implements new technical solutions and applications. Responsible for implementation of information security measures and business continuity measures for IT infrastructure. Reports to the Director, Business Services.
Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Develops IT policies and processes and upon approval directs their implementation including procedures and controls covering all areas of IT functions so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality and cost-effective service
- Leads the development and implementation of processes to consult and communicate with users to determine and clarify their current and future operational business needs and ensures all requests are fully documented.
- Priorities planned and unplanned service requests based on business urgencies to ensure timely resolution of user IT issues
IT System Management
- Reviews project plans to plan and coordinate project activities.
- Develops and interprets organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Develops computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Coordinates with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Oversees the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Maintains the integrity and continual operation of all the IT networks including the wireless.
- Ensures the continual functioning of mission critical computer operations.
- Maintains security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Develops, reviews, and certifies all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans related to IT.
- Responsible for maintaining service levels for technical support to users.
- Evaluates data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
Leadership, Training and Development
- Ensures the effective achievement of functional objectives through the leadership of the IT department team – setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal guidance, feedback and appraisal – in order to maximise subordinate and departmental performance.
- Monitors and analyses organisation wide IT training needs and liaises with the HR department to provide appropriate training provision so that all employees have the required IT user capability to enable delivery of business objectives.
- Updates the stakeholders on issues relating to operations and maintenance of IT matters within KRI as and when required.
- Reports to Director Business Services on all in country IT projects/issues on required frequency.
- Works closely with Corporate IT/Business Process department on implementation of new corporate initiatives and policies.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all CreDan staff.
MINIMUM PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology and/or Electronics/Telecommunication, preferably with a Master’s degree in Information Systems/Technology
- Minimum 10-15 years of related IT experience with at least 3 years in a senior managerial role preferably in the oil and gas/manufacturing sector with hands on experience to Communications/Monitoring systems, hardware and networking troubleshooting skills