Job Title: Site Project Manager
Location: Iraq, Basra
Rotation: 28 days ON and 28 days OFF
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Project Sponsor represents EPCM Contractor management.
- The Sponsor provides guidance to the project team to ensure that the project meets objectives.
- The Project Sponsor maintains frequent contact with the COMPANY Project Manager and assists the EPCM Contractor Project Manager in resolving contractual issues.
- The Project Sponsor also works closely with the EPCM Contractor Project Manager to ensure that key technology and bidding strategy are properly transferred to the Project Team.
- The Project Sponsor does not direct the Project Manager’s activities.
- The Sponsor also has responsibility to ensure the EPCM Contractor Project Manager is implementing Peer Review Action Items on a timely basis.
- Deliver Goal Zero on assigned projects with Focus on HSE, quality and process safety throughout the project lifecycle
- Organize HAZOP(s) / HAZIDs and follow up closeout of mitigation actions in order to demonstrate ALARP.
- Prepare scope packages for the execute contracts.
- Develop and implement effective progress and budget control and reporting.
- Identify, assess and manage project risks following effective risk management plan and demonstrating ALARP
- Develop, share and incorporate lessons learnt throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Adhere to Project Management of Change Procedures to sustain engineering design integrity.
- Comply with Quality Control & Quality Assurance systems to cover the design, implementation and commissioning phases of Projects.
- Ensure that As built documentation are uploaded into the AIMs.
- Promote safe working culture lead by example
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BSc., University degree in Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Needs to be expat with Oil and Gas Construction Experience.
- Minimum 20 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Min 15 years experience in Construction of petrochemical plants
- Min 7 years as a Site PM or Construction Manager/Superintendent.
- Preference for previous Iraq site experience managing a PMC on site.
- Experience of client liaison.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as an Umbrella Contract Project Sponsor / Director.