ABOUT MOSUL SPACE
Mosul Space is a foundation working on innovation, entrepreneurship, and technology sectors. We are building youth skills in Mosul through access to our makerspace, co-working area and training courses, and incubation programs. We are promoting entrepreneurship and technology in our community to develop the private sector. Social cohesion is promoted through our social activities and the Mosul Space makerspace develops digital manufactured and electronic products.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a driven Social Media Assistant to attract and interact with targeted communities and networks users.
The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and engage more people in our programs to be aware of Mosul Space work and start talking about these new concepts we are trying to promote.
The social media Assistant should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. SMC is responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and develop action plans for regular posting on the Mosul Space channels.
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification (Strategy on paper to be created).
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- optimize Mosul Space pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information. (weekly marketing report)+ KPIs.
- Collaborate with other departments (Makerspace, Community.. etc) to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions.
- Managing Mosul Space website, develop Arabic and English Content for it, and update website content weekly.
- Develop weekly reports for all social media channels and websites.
- Maintain community response over all social media channels.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media Assistant for more than 2 years.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, detail, and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Experiences in managing and developing social media campaigns & reporting.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Ability to develop posting calendar and follow it properly.
- Networks: Strong connections in Iraqi’s aid, investment, start-up or maker communities and ability to use them for the furtherance of Mosul Space’s vision.
- Innovation: prior work with start-ups, SMEs, social enterprises,s or co-working spaces an advantage.
- Engineering/Tech: prior knowledge of digital and traditional fabrication techniques and their application an advantage.
- Education: not important.
- How to apply People will send their cover letters and CVs by filling this application form: https://forms.gle/zp54QSVZ4p6tJVzaA