- Brief Overview of the Position:
- The Iraqi Institution for Development (IID) is seeking a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to join our team. As a Social Worker, will play a crucial role in promoting Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) with a focus on Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE). Based in Ninawa will be at the forefront of initiatives aimed at enhancing the well-being of individuals and communities.
- Key Responsibilities:
As a Social Worker at IID responsibilities will include:
- MHPSS-PVE Integration: Seamlessly integrate Mental Health and Psychosocial Support strategies into programs focused on Preventing Violent Extremism.
- Community Engagement: Establish strong connections with local communities, understanding their needs, and developing tailored interventions to address social issues.
- Individual Counseling: Provide one-on-one counseling sessions to individuals affected by various challenges, ensuring a compassionate and client-centered approach.
- Capacity Building: Collaborate with local partners to enhance the capacity of community members and organizations in dealing with mental health challenges and contributing to PVE efforts.
- Reporting and Documentation: Maintain accurate and timely records of interventions, outcomes, and challenges, contributing to organizational learning and improvement.
- Qualifications and Requirements:
- Educational Background: A degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of hands-on experience in a similar role within the NGO sector, demonstrating a deep understanding of community-based work.
- NGO Experience: Proven experience working in non-governmental organizations, particularly in the areas of mental health, psychosocial support, and preventing violent extremism.
- PVE and MHPSS Expertise: Specific experience in both Preventing Violent Extremism and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support initiatives.
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively engage with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Address Mosul -Ninawa
- How to apply If you are passionate about making a positive impact and have the required experience, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] by 4 January 2024. IID is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Join IID and be a catalyst for positive change!