Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: Social worker
Duty Station: Erbil/Iraq
Al-Mesalla Organization for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization registered in the Non-Governmental Organizations Department in the Federal Government and the Kurdistan Regional Government. Al-Mesalla has three programs: Nonviolence and peacebuilding program, which focuses on promoting peace and social cohesion within society, where our staff work to promote harmony and coexistence between different citizens, through the various activities that we implement in several Iraqi governorates. The Women and Gender program focuses on empowering women to play an active role in society and this is done through specialized courses and training to help and empower women economically and build their capacities in various fields. Human Rights Program: It focuses on promoting community empowerment and building its capabilities in various fields, such as childhood development, economic empowerment, environmental development, and others. In addition, since June 2014, the Al-Mesalla has developed its services to the refugee and displaced communities in Iraq, where it hastened to provide emergency support to the displaced by working in the camps, to help them overcome the humanitarian crisis.
The Syrian Crisis has forced hundreds of thousands to seek refuge in neighboring countries, currently more than 500,000 Syrian are registered as refugees inside the region of Kurdistan/Iraq. And after the conflict between Iraq and the coming of ISIS, a huge number of IDPs are present in Kurdistan/ Iraq.
As is often the case in any humanitarian crisis, women and girls face increased risk of violence and in particular camp settings, where living spaces are confined, infrastructures are weak and activities are limited, therefore, tension arises and psychological well-being is disturbed.
Forms of gender-based violence became common with specific forms such as domestic violence, sexual harassment and abuse, trafficking, and to a lesser degree economic exploitation and early/ forced marriage. Al-Mesalla with the support of UNHCR is working toward providing services for SGBV survivors and working on the prevention of SGBV, PSE, and promotion of gender equality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducting awareness and outreach activities to mitigate violence against males and females and respond to Identifying GBV cases and referring them internally to the case managers, support with the activities targeting male.
- Social worker
- Providing awareness sessions about GBV and reproductive health topics.
- Conducting assessments or surveys before planning monthly activities.
- Reporting timely to the line manager and monthly plan of each month in prior.
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: PSEA, do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability, and need-to-know principles.
- Referring cases internally and externally to other service providers.
- Provide information and advice on existing social services and how to access them.
- Work in close collaboration with the community mobilizers to strengthen our relationship with the community and to strengthen the referral system.
- Ensure good relationships and coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention to improve the identification of cases with needs for prompt referral, follow-up, and information sharing.
- Assist the team with the distribution.
- Volunteer work when needed is a part of TOR.
- Support with implementing the EMAP program and capacity-building training.
- space managing
- Coordinate with volunteers and other service providers for conducting activities on the ground.
- Monthly reporting and monthly plans of activities.
Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
approachable, a good listener, and easy to talk to.
- Ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the UN and NGO community in Erbil.
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct.
- Advanced degree in case Work, sociology, or related.
- At least experience of two years of experience.
- English, Arabic, and Kurdish language are required
- Experience in emergencies and conflict areas strongly preferred
- Relevant regional experience is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with standards and guidelines for GBV programming and coordination
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Experience in education, life skills, and civic.
Al-Mesalla implements an equal employment opportunity policy And our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al-Mesalla reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline How TO APPLY This vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals.
- Address Erbil, Zanko
- How to apply Submit your CV as a PDF or WORD to ([email protected]). Other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. Subject : Social worker
- Job Reference Social worker