Better World Organization for Community Development is a humanitarian and non-governmental organization established on 24th May 2017 in Kurdistan/Iraq. Independent and non-profit that works to advocate for peace and coexistence in the community and improve social, psychosocial, and economic situation of people. The organization focuses on women through projects that ensure protection and empowerment for them.
Under the direct supervision of (Project Management Focal Point) the (Social Worker) will perform the following duties and responsibilities.
About the Project:
The project “Providing Protection and MHPSS Services to IDPs living in Kabartu 1 and 2 Camps” seeks to increase protection prevention through awareness raising regarding protection issues specifically topics related to women and girls and response services to protection cases focusing on women and girls’ cases. Under the MHPSS component the project seeks to build the resilience of the target IDPs through community-based MHPSS activities and to improve the psychological well-being of IDPs through structured programs and specialized services of MHPSS. The main objective of the project is to provide integrated services of protection and community-based MHPSS to IDPs living in Kabartu 1 and 2 camps
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within BWO Code of Conduct, and Human Resource policy, and required full commitment to the safeguarding, PSEA, ant-fraud and all other relevant policies of the organization. The policy documents will be provided on orientation day.
- Case management, to identify cases and refer them to a psychologist or case worker.
- Close regular follow-ups with cases and conduct family visits.
- Attend training and conferences as required under the project.
- Raise awareness about domestic violence and how it affects on the family environment
- Support psychologists in preparing and conducting psycho-education sessions.
- Support psychologists in preparation and conducting suicide prevention and referral workshops for community leaders
- Approaching and counseling IDPs in the camp and providing social, and emotional support and assistance.
- Responsible for referring cases to adequate service providers outside the project capacity by using a referral pathway.
- Conduct structure-based PSS programs.
- Prepare the plan of activities and conduct community-based activities with other teams based on project outputs.
- Prepare weekly reports and provide them to the management team.
- Close coordination with the project team, other service providers in the camp, and camp management. And attending relevant meetings.
- Perform any other relevant duty requested by direct supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology or any relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in community outreach and engagement initiatives.
- Proficient in data collection procedures and obtaining participant information for organizational records.
- Strong ability to complete assigned tasks promptly and efficiently, with a proactive approach to issue reporting.
- Experience in providing on-site support during project location visits, and collaborating with project staff.
- Reliable and responsible work ethic, adhering to organizational policies and guidelines.
- Effective collaboration skills with staff and volunteers, fostering a positive and inclusive team environment.
- Address Kabarto Camp
- How to apply Interested candidates are required to send their CV to [email protected] - Deadline date for the application is Saturday 10th February 2024 11:00 PM. - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. - Please mention the title of the vacancy: (Social Worker - Dohuk) in the subject box of your email. - Email that does not contain the vacancy title will not be considered. - Emails after the closing date will not be considered.
- Job Reference BWO-SW01