Terms of Reference
Job title: Social Worker
Contract Duration: 1 year
Working hours: 8:30 – 4:00
Type of position: Full-time
Published Date: November/2022
Deadline Date: December/2022
Kurdistan Save the Children is a non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian organization that
provides assistance regardless of race, gender, traditions, political or religious affiliation.
We work with children in various fields of child protection, sponsorship, health and education. Our
main aim is to work directly or indirectly, to ensure a better future for children, through improving
and providing their various medical, social, economical, and educational needs.
KSC has been established in 1991. our main office is located in Sulaymaniyah.
Protection and assistance for refugees and asylum seeker children in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah governorates.
This project seeks to provide protection services to refugees/asylum seekers, IDPS and host community children with the main focus on refugees/asylum seekers residing in the urban and camp areas of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorates through: Providing specialized child protection services and support through case management for refugees, Conducting BIA and participating in the BID Panel under the overall framework of UNHCR’s Best Interest Procedures (BIP), Establishing or strengthening the capacity of community-based child protection structures, Community outreach/mobilization such as conducting awareness raising sessions for children and their parents/caregivers, Providing recreational, structured and non-structured PSS activities, as well as physiotherapy for children with disabilities, providing capacity building to government counterparts responsible for child protection.
- Manage case load and maintain accurate case files for safeguarding and protection of children.
- refer cases that require specialized services to other service providers and conduct follow-up visits.
- Coordinate, monitor, evaluate and assist with the development and implementation of social and community programs and interventions.
- Perform investigations, assessments and prepare reports on various social issues and needs.
- Visit designated geographical areas in the community including refugee camps to monitor, address social needs and maintain up to date community profiles and reports
- Serve on special committees dealing with matters pertaining to Social Development and Social Protection when requested.
- conduct awareness campaigns and trainings on child protection issues.
- Attend workshops and seminars pertaining to social development and Social issues.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education, or other relevant fields.
- The person engaged will be expected to have worked as a Qualified Social Worker for at least 3 to 5 years.
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to assist with the provision of services when there are staff and technical capacity shortfalls.
- Exercise good judgement, integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Manage caseload and assist in various initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Experience in social work, psychological support, child protection, and social cohesion activities is an advantage.
- Experience in using CPIMS+.
- Experience in supporting and collaborating with community service organizations is an asset.
- demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- ability to work under pressure
- personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- proficiency in Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent technical, analytical report-writing skills
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Negotiating skills
- Good Time management
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent command of Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Address Erbil-Eskan behind chwarchra Hotel
- How to apply please Fill in Google form as Requested.