iMMAP Inc. is an international non-governmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP Inc.’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP continues to implement its Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement in the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs (PM/WRA) funded project to provide information management technical support and capacity building to the Iraqi National Mine Action Authorities (NMAAs), including the Directorate of Mine Action (DMA) in Federal Iraq and the Iraqi Kurdistan Mine Action Agency (IKMAA) in the Iraqi Kurdistan Region. The principal role of the IM/GIS Technical Advisor is to ensure high-quality technical inputs on Information Management and GIS for the success of the project in building local mine action authorities’ capacities to collect, verify, store, and analyze mine action and related data, to support the planning and prioritization of mine action operations within Iraq. The IM/GIS Technical Advisor will lead the development of IMSMA Core as the new Information Management System for the DMA’s National Mine Action Program, as well as the capacity strengthening of National Mine Action Authorities and Mine Action operators to ensure the successful implementation of the new system.
Description of Duties
Software Design and Development:
- Conduct an assessment of stakeholders’/ end users’ needs, as well as existing IM systems to identify gaps and areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with other developers and stakeholders to define software requirements.
- Assess and document system requirements and maintain comprehensive system documentation.
- Conduct platform software development (backend and frontend) following the Agile process with task breakdowns, sprint goals, and sprint reviews.
- Conduct internal platform testing, ensuring documentation of system bugs and fixes.
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to best practices.
- Debugging and resolving software defects and issues.
- Create/Integrate and migrate data from other databases.
- Deploy database and web applications on cloud and local servers.
- Implement and execute a database backup plan for all systems.
- Develop queries to help in data cleaning of other systems.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for software-related issues.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance software applications to meet the organization’s needs.
- Identification of new technologies and methods to improve the maintainability and scalability of the application and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Contribute to designing and developing training materials to ensure partners are able to successfully use developed platforms and systems.
- Conduct system training for stakeholders to support platform management and maintenance.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a software engineer with a strong background in multiple programming languages and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of database, system and web development, computer networks, related hardware, and peripheral equipment.
- In-depth knowledge and skill in designing online database-driven applications.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to solve problems using the web application programming suit.
- Experience in programming GIS at the field operational level is an asset
- Experience working with one of the following frameworks PHP Laravel, Python Django, Python Flask.
- Experience in working with React JS is an add.
- Experience in working with ArcGIS Enterprise is an add.
- MySQL, SQLServer or PostgreSQL
- Experience developing, documenting, and maintaining RESTful API data services.
- Experience in design and implementation training and capacity building.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, jQuery, xlsForms (Kobo, ONA, ODK).
- Ability to work in an organized manner and adhere to project deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and ability to adapt to different cultural contexts
- Ability to work as part of the team, including other departments (Information Management, GIS, Program, etc.)
- Address Justice Tower Floor 12
- How to apply Please make sure to register on IMMAP careers website and apply through it. You may follow below link: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1234
- Job Reference Web Developer - National Roster Position - Erbil