Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a SE Civil Engineer in Basra, Iraq.
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Attend meetings and generate status reports as requested.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals, etc.
- Project management and supervision skills (ensuring projects meet the agreed specifications, budget, and timescale)
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on the work site
- Follow up on the site inspection process (RFI issuing, closing, and engineering laboratory tests).
- Working hours flexibility, able to cover overtime and weekends as per the business need.
- Consults with and provides guidance to project stakeholders and managerial staff regarding engineering requirements for construction of various designs, modifications, and structural repairs.
- Uses design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs; plans and designs other necessary and related systems and structures such as transportation or hydraulics.
- Assesses strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel by testing materials and soil.
- Sets design specifications by computing load and grade requirements, material stress factors, water flow rates, and similar parameters.
- Plans projects based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps, and other geologic and topographical data.
- Drafts and presents reports on topics related to projects such as environmental impact statements and right-of-way descriptions.
- Estimates materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project costs.
- Collaborates with architects and contractors to ensure projects progress properly.
- Collaborates with surveyors (or directs and participates in surveying) to establish installations or reference points, grades, elevations, and other factors that will affect construction.
- Monitors project progress and ensures design specifications, safety, and sanitation standards are met.
- On completion of a project, inspects, repairs, and maintains the structures as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or similar
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and tools.
- A solid and strong academic engineering background with +5 years of technical, civil, mechanical, electrical, infrastructure, and design experience
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, bridges, roads, and other related structures.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
- Preferred under 35 years old (male)
- Deep understanding of procurement, financial, and cost management skills.
- A perfect Microsoft Office skills.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!