The Specialist will be an enthusiastic self-starter, responsible for providing support to the IGPA International Audit Consultant (a native English speaker) as they relate to the work he is delivering, predominantly in support of the Kurdistan Board of Supreme Audit and other Kurdistan Regional Government entities as appropriate.
Keen to learn and develop skills in an international aid project that will be highly-transferrable, the Specialist will be responsible for helping to organizing and co-ordinate meetings and events, providing support in meetings (ideally including interpretation, in the event that the formal project interpreters are not available), preparing meeting briefs and minutes, following up meetings to obtain documents, summarizing Kurdish / Arabic documents etc. (formal arrangements are in place within the project for the official translation of documents).
He/she will also work with the IGPA International Audit Consultant in the development and possibly delivery of training materials and presentations, development of procedural manuals, conducting research, working on projects that may include internal or external audits, risk management exercises and a variety of associated projects that are consistent with the objectives of the IGPA project. Whilst the bulk of the work is expected to be within Erbil, occasional travel to other cities within Kurdistan and the IGPA Baghdad office might be required.
- Work with the International Audit Consultant to conduct research, prepare overviews, summaries and presentations and general support in delivering services to the Kurdish government.
- Attend meetings with the International Audit Consultant and the various counterparts he deals with.
- Liaise with stakeholders who are responsible for the various projects being managed by the International Audit Consultant.
- Other duties as assigned by the IGPA International Audit Consultant
- BS, BA and 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in working in a financial, accounting or auditing role will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish required.
- Fluency in Arabic an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- The ability to think creatively.
- Self-motivated and well organized.
REPORTING / DUTY STATION
- Reports to the IGPA International Audit Consultant
- Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
- Address Erbil
- How to apply You can address your application to : [email protected] Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.