The USAID Iraq Governance Performance and Accountability (IGPA) program’s Ninewa Investment Facilitation Initiative (NIFI) task order seeks to support demand-driven private sector-led economic growth in Iraq. This activity will provide business development services (BDS) through technical assistance and training to promote increased competitiveness and investment opportunities for Iraqi businesses.
The role will be responsible for building and managing a diversified portfolio of SME clients and providing firm-level technical assistance and practical training workshops to help SMEs access and acquire the knowledge, tools, and financing to start-up, revitalize, and grow. Focus of this position is on production and quality management.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Support business identification process to build a portfolio of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that NIFI will support through technical assistance and training.
- Develop training modules and business tools responsive to SME needs.
- Provide firm level technical assistance and training to assist businesses adopt best business practices to improve efficiency, production output, quality, and profitability.
- Provide business planning and financial facilitation services to help businesses validate financing needs and apply for financing from appropriate existing sources of financing.
- Facilitate and support market analysis projects as needed.
Skills and Key Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Manufacturing, Production, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- Minimum five years of business advisory and/or private sector business experience.
- Expertise and experience in improving the performance and profitability of businesses.
- Expertise and experience in distribution and logistics.
- Expertise and experience in applying best practices in production and quality management.
- Expertise and experience in applying inventory management systems.
- Hands-on entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic.
- Excellent analytical, writing, presentation, and training skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word.
- Iraq citizenship.
- Position is based in Mosul.
- How to apply To apply for these positions, please prepare a MS Word document in English using paper size of A4, Arial font size 11, one-inch margins on all sides. Your submission must be no more than two pages. Please present the following information according to the following sequence: • Full Name • City of Residence (Baghdad, Basra, or Erbil) • Mobile Number • E-mail Address • Education: University, Degree, Year of Graduation, Grade Point Average. • Employment History: Name of Employer, City, Dates of employment, Title, Brief description of responsibilities and accomplishments. • References: List three names including titles, organization name, and e-mail contact information Submit your application document by email to [email protected] Failure to follow any of the above instructions may disqualify the submission.