The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, works with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” include support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and Iraq’s citizens in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
- Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
- Improve public financial management
- Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
- Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
The HR assistant duties involve a wide range of support activities inside the HR department. An essential part of this role will be to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. Assist in creating policies, processes, and documents. He/she will be responsible for preparation and maintenance of HR files; support recruitments; receiving, tracking, and filing timesheets; and tracking and filing leaves.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Knowing HR policies and procedures, and be prepared to support staff in understanding and following these procedures.
- Support recruitment process, scheduling/conducting interviews, and verifying/conduct reference checks.
- Maintain confidentiality in all HR/personnel matters and records.
- Support in ensuring that HR files are prepared and maintained with all required documents.
- Support in coordinating trainings, seminars, or any internal relevant activity.
- Support in ensuring all staff timesheets are accurately completed and filed every month.
- Support in preparing for the payroll process.
- Support in following up with annual performance evaluation process for all staff
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews
- Responsible for tracking leaves and compensation according to daily attendance; check submitted leave requests in TAMIS Pro, and update the leave tracker on project used platforms accordingly.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the HR head.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Administration, or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in professional human resources in USAID-funded projects or with international organizations.
- Ability to focus on multiple responsibilities/roles and multi-task – often on short timelines / tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized.
- Fluency in English is required
- Address Baghdad, Iraq
- How to apply You can address your application to : [email protected] Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.