SUMMARY OF POSITION:
American University of Iraq Baghdad (AUIB) is a newly established American style university seeking to be a premier university of higher education. S/he will be working closely with academic staff across the University and will be liaising with colleges, local schools, ministries and directly with potential students and parents.
The person appointed will…
- collaborate with school leaders, teachers and students in heightening the general awareness of AUIB in this key sector
- build positive relationships between local (public and private) schools and the university
- take an active part in promoting AUIB in this constituency; in making school visits and in devising innovative ways to pursue and develop these relationships over time
- maintain an information base on school specific recruitment data as to ensure that an evidence base of recruitment and enrollment patterns is developed;
- assist in recruitment of potential students by advising them of general academic requirements of a specific college; describes courses; disseminates information regarding registration procedures; prepares recruitment packets
- work closely with AUIB Marketing team to ensure that the sales tools to promote AUIB are available, impactful and effective for local and international market.
- Build strong relationships with partner university staff for the region.
- Ensure tracking and reporting is in place for activity measuring (e.g. awareness, engagement, responses, leads, conversion and ROI) and using the output from this to drive efficiencies and improve effectiveness of future campaigns.
- Lead and implement processes for monitoring, evaluating and reporting on student recruitment outreach activity across the student lifecycle where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable about and skilled in the planning and execution of marketing and student recruitment strategies
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal abilities, with the confidence and diplomacy to approach people at all levels of seniority
- Skilled in delivering e-marketing solutions, including use of social networking sites for promotional campaigns
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure with great attention to detail, making decisions and accepting responsibility
- Strong understanding of higher education systems and the needs and challenges for international students seeking AUIB qualification
- Commercial knowledge to analyse market data and identify new opportunities
- Skilled in sales and business development with the ability to instigate new business relationships and manage the full student life-cycle
Requirements for the position:
- Master’s degree in marketing, business administration is an advantage.
- Minimum three years’ work experience – administration, registration, admissions, retention, counseling, higher education administration or other student support services is an advantage.
- Have the capacity to play an ambassadorial role for the university in this domain
- Be conversant with social media and other marketing tools in working with young people
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the Iraqi higher education system, especially as this relates to student intake patterns and preferences
- Be equally authoritative and credible in interactions with school leaders; teachers; parents and young people.
- A clear understanding of professional boundaries and acceptable ethical behavior – including, but not limited to, appropriate relationships with students.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple tasks at once, organized and detail oriented.
- High ethical and moral integrity
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) and database applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Bilingual in Arabic and English
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, current formal photo and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references, within the last three (3) years. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application with supporting documents to the email address: