Hi Greetings from NES Fircroft!!!!
Please find the new position available in Iraq as mentioned below:
Subsurface Data Coordinator for Geology and Geophysics
Schedule: Offices Working Hours
Master’s degree in engineering or in Geosciences. Minimum 10 years’ experience in Geophysics and Geology. In-depth understanding of Well data and Seismic data to be able to evaluate quality and pertinence of data. Knowledge of Petroleum Engineering and/or Production data management. Experience in Geosciences interpretation software for the Oil and Gas industry and Linux systems. Excellent interpersonal skills. Good knowledge of English language (speaking and writing).
Context and Environment:
The project Hub Affiliate is tagged as a digital affiliate that will focus on early deployment of digital technologies matured in the companies portfolio and will be proactive to test new digital solutions as an Affiliate pilot. Under the direct supervision of the Data & Information Geosciences Manager, this will involve, working with Geoscientists on data Quality Control (QC), data loading, and maintaining Project Studies databases updated for all Interpretation projects.
Respecting Corporate Data Management rules (Confidentiality, Preservation and Security of data.) while operating in conjunction with OneTech (OT) Headquarter (HQ) entity.
- Ensure that Geoscience and Reservoir interpretation projects are permanently updated and accessible with qualified data.
- Ensure loading and Quality Control (QC) of Geophysical and Geological data for the Geoscientists community.
- Maintain Geophysical and Geological local databases – archive, store, organize, update, and retrieve data.
- Participate in implementation of new data platforms / solutions as proposed by HQ.
- Participate in the Geoscience and Reservoir (GSR) Business Continuity Plan (BCP) set-up.
- Manage data exchange of Geosciences Data between corporate database in HQ, applications and existing/future project administration and interpretation applications.
- Manage handling of seismic media, internally (Assets / HQ) or externally (Contractor); keep inventory updated.
- Guarantee integrity of seismic media, propose actions if necessary.
- Ensure and maintain local replication archives of Geophysical and Geological data.
- Ensure the preservation of the local replication archives data.
- Facilitate data exchange with third parties (authorities and partners).
- Engage with users to define data needs, project requirements/required outputs and put in place solution.
- Communicate with the users and the Information Technology (IT) entity to solve problems on everyday challenges.
- Consider optimization of disk space usage – avoid duplication of data online, contacts with IT entity.
- Prepare reporting on Support services provided to end-users.
- Guarantee integrity, accuracy, update, and availability of all databases under his supervision.
- Guarantee the integrity, reliability, and availability of GSR data under his supervision.
- Work closely with the Data Operations Support Coordinator.
- Contribute to optimizing the organization and sharing of experience with HQ; apply rules and recommendations such as naming conventions for projects, seismic surveys, horizons, and any standardization addressed by HQ.2
If you find this opportunity interesting and if you think this position suits you please share your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.