Job Title: Subsurface Petroleum Engineer
Department/Function: Subsurface – Base Management Team
Role Synopsis: This is a rotator position working within the Rumaila Operating Organization in Basra. The role is a Petroleum Engineer (PE) in the Subsurface Base Management team for Rumaila. The PE will be the primary focal point for ensuring safe & optimum performance of all wells flowing to one of the Rumaila De-Gassing Stations (DGS). This includes daily monitoring, well management, maintaining well models, and identifying Optimization and Well-work Opportunities.
Key Accountabilities: Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Review & monitor all online wells on daily basis. Identify ceased/tripped/problematic wells.
- Build and maintain Prosper Models (Natural Flow and ESP).
- Identify well/system optimization opportunities.
- Seek out and progress wellwork opportunities. Work with PE lead, Reservoir Management and Well Work teams to deliver solutions.
- Recommend surveillance activity for reservoir monitoring and identification of rate-adding wellwork opportunities.
- Optimize well operating parameters (maximize production subject to relevant constraints).
- Prepare and present DGS Performance Review to management.
- Participate in integrated well/reservoir reviews.
- Monitor well production losses/gains to help understand DGS production trends and anomalies.
- Highlight updates required in field database to maintain accurate records of well operating parameters.
- Interface with other teams in the Subsurface, Operations and Wells departments.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Essential education: University Degree in Petroleum Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience: At least 4 years’ experience with a strong background in well performance analysis, rig & rigless wellwork operations (CT/wireline/workover), ESP operation and troubleshooting, and surveillance activities (such as PBU analysis, well testing, PLTs/ILTs, etc.).
- Proficiency with Integrated Production Modelling software mainly Prosper and in ESP modelling.
- Ability to work and communicate across technical disciplines & multiple levels.
- Languages: Fluent in English and Arabic.
Travel requirement: Yes, and as per the department requirement
Working time schedule: Rotational (14 days on, 14 days off)
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.