We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following position:
SUPERVISOR MEDICAL DATA ENTRY
Place of work: Sinuni General Hospital – medical Department
Deadline for application 15-07-2021
Main purpose of the job:
Ensure completion of all activities related to medical data entry and data management into the mission database. Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers/operators, as well as identify their training needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
- Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers to have a reliable record of medical activity performed, as well as identify their training/technical support needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
- Ensure collation and entry of all data identified by project managers for collection (e.g. morbidity, mortality, surveillance of diseases of epidemics, nutrition, psychological and women’s health, etc) into the appropriate data management system while ensuring quality of data
- Do quality control data officers’ performance on regular basis.
- Know and ensure proper use of software used for recording (i.e. Fuchia, Epi Info, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy of the medical data entered into the mission’s database on a regular basis, according to MSF protocols and carry out regular back-ups.
- Provide technical support to data entry officers/operators in project sites and give response to their training needs.
- Provide regular statistical reports for the medical team as well as informing the superior of any missing information, major changes or big differences in data
- Proper scrutiny of data before encoding to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Identify problems in the system early and timely/immediate reporting to the supervisor for quick solutions.
- Gives feedback to departmental managers about incomplete patient`s files.
- Supports managers in coaching, briefing the NS supervisors on importance of accurate and complete data on patient`s record.
- Orientate Medical manager s on the DHIS2 system of DATA, how to assess and extract data for their reporting.
- Assist managers and supervisors with departmental data whenever required.
- Protect and secure MSFs data by ensuring confidentiality and proper storage of dedicated data computer.
- Regular spot checks on the registrar’s data entry in hand copies.
- Ensure proper archiving of patients file as per the existing system.
- Support in organizing the files that are due for transfer to ERBIL, together with PMR, Head nurse.
Specific requirements for the role:
|Education||Essential proven computer literacy, secondary education or qualifications either in administration, data entry or in statistics. Degree in Information and Technology (IT) desirable.|
|Experience||Desirable working experience of at least one year with MSF
Previous experience in similar position with other international organizations
|Languages||Essential: Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish|
|Knowledge||• Essential knowledge of use of computer including processing of documents (Word, Excel).
• Desirable knowledge on medical statistics data bases.
• Previous experience in supervisory position and team leading
|Competencies||• Pedagogy skills
• Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
What we offer:
- Work opportunity paid in accordance with MSF salary grid (level 06)
- 100% employment contract
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
- Address Sinuni General Hospital
- Salary Offer MSF Salary Grid, Level 6
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card + Diploma) In the CV box at the entrance of the Sinuni General Hospital or in MSFCH Sinuni CV box. Or by email [email protected] Please indicate “SUPERVISOR MEDICAL DATA ENTRY” on the envelope or as email subject. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. ENGLISH CV ONLY Only suitable candidates will be contacted. You application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process We may take down this vacancy in case we’ve reached the required number of applications