Requisition ID: req37461
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant – Anbar/ Ramadi
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Ramadi, Iraq
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, child Protection and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC’s assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar, and Mosul.
Under the direct supervision of Sr. Supply Chain Officer; the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for program and office administration, maintenance, and supporting in procurement processes.
- Major Responsibilities:
- Assist in procurement to be carried out in accordance with IRC Iraq and donor-specific polices.
- Maintain and update Asset Register, including details of asset transfer, asset repairs, asset disposals, breakdowns and purchase of new assets and attractive items.
- Provide procurement services for IRC Anbar as required, including generating RFQs/RFPs for duly authorized Purchase Requests received, collecting RFQs/RFPs from vendors, and submitting them for bids analysis to Procurement Officer.
- Verify that all supplies, services, and equipment’s ordered are delivered in quality and quantities requested and in time.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained
- Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked, and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that an up-to-date filing system for all assets maintained.
- Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the necessary paperwork is prepared.
- Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for waybills, inventory records and other logistical records.
- Understand, implement, and maintain standard IRC asset management policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monthly allowance of staff phone credits.
- Responsible of office requirements/ supplies /maintenances.
- Responsible for Supply Chain filing
- Managing intake and out-take of items from smaller stocks.
- Support the Sr SC officer in managing the assets and inventory
- Support the Sr SC Officer in organizing Vehicle Movements and driver schedules.
- Support the Sr SC Officer in safe receipt of items posted to IRC Anbar.
- Support the Procurement team in communicating with SC visitors to IRC Anbar such as bidders, vendors, and general enquiry visitors)
· Any other duties or tasks delegated by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior SC Officer
Position directly supervises: Cleaner
Indirect Reporting: Area Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Finance, Program Departments
External: Vendors, Suppliers, and contractors
· Knowledge of generic procurement, inventory and asset procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
· Competent use of PC, especially spreadsheets.
· Two years of prior professional experience in a similar post.
· Ability to work independently
· Good interpersonal, organizational, mathematical and time management skills
· Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
· Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Iraq.
Education: Relevant higher national diploma or university degree
· Strong sense of personal integrity.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected].
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]