The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
Reporting to: Support Service Manager
Mentor By: Supply Chain Officer
Employment Category: Internship
Management or Non-Management: NA
Direct Reports: NA
Unit/department: Support Service
Location: DRC Salaheddin Office (with travel to program locations in Salaheddin government)
Authorization level: NA
Overall purpose of the role:
This internship program is designed to give learning opportunities to newly graduated candidates while doing the actual work and providing support to the Finance Department in the organization.
Through your internship experience at DRC, you will:
- Gain practical, hands-on experience in the supply chain.
- Receive mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals within DRC.
- Apply theoretical knowledge gained through academic studies in a practical setting.
- Learn about the organization’s operations, culture, values, and Code of Conduct.
- Access DRC’s extensive Learning Catalogue which provides learning opportunities for further development and growth.
- Assist on Tender receiving. Ensure Bids are received correctly and guides Bidders to submit their offers in the right box as well as completing the clerk procedures related to bid submission and recipient.
- Support Supply chain in archiving and scanning documents whenever is needed.
- Report any shared office supply needs to the Supply Chain.
- Assist on updating the online stock card for stationery, office supplies and fuel.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Officer on preparing bid analysis sheet.
- Assist on scanning and archiving old documents of supply chain and finance.
- Assist in ensuring share point updated, and full documents uploaded to it as per archiving SOPs.
- Assist in preparing payment requests and submit to finance.
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Somalia programs Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Any other assignments as instructed by the immediate supervisor
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Must be Iraqi National
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint
- Basic IT Skills
- Ability to communicate in English required.
- Having some experience working with NGO is advantage.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- High School Diploma is essential.
- Final year or just complete of bachelor’s degree in finance or management is preferred.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in Arabic required.
- Ability to communicate in English required.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Support Services Manager
- Supply Chain & Program Teams.
- Finance Team at Tikrit Office
Contract: 5 months of internship.
Availability: June 2023
Duty Station: This internship is based in DRC Tikrit Office.
Remuneration: This Internship is entitled for Internship Allowances and Medical Insurance only (Not entitle for Salary)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment
- Contract Length: 5 Months
- Salary Band: N/A
- Start Date: 01-June-2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: [ 25-May-2023 ]
Diversity & Inclusion: DRC Iraq is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment according to our Age, Gender, and Diversity approach (AGD). We aim to have a more diversified leadership structure creating opportunities for qualified women to take on managerial roles. We also continuously work to make our workplace more accessible for persons with specific needs. We offer benefits related to psychosocial support, health insurance, maternity and paternity leave, child sick leave, and lactation breaks. As part of our commitment to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from female candidates, persons living with disabilities, as well as representatives of minorities.
Note: Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!