MSFOCB is Recruiting
Supply Chain Officer
Based in Baghdad
Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Main Purpose of the position:
Organizing and supervising the daily supply chain activities and the teams associated, in the coordination or project level, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission.
- Supervising and organizing the daily activities of the Supply Chain team, including Supply Supervisors, and ensuring they perform the tasks linked to their role
- Responsible to follow-up with authorities for importation process and transport process withing federal Iraq regulation.
- Responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management as well as all the importation process within the Federal Iraq, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities
- Continuously update the internal transport guideline for Iraq mission, comprising of all necessary documents, network contacts and any additional supporting documentation required for smooth transport operation.
- generating tracking tool for tasks assigned and for International orders status, frights and MOH /MOF approvals, shipments status, keep the data updated and shared concern departments on monthly bases
- Proper documentation of Iraq importation (customs and transport) regulations according to the Federal Iraq regulations and policies. This dossier should be updated as the need arise specially if there are changes in the government office staff and procedure. Information included in this file are the names of focal person, position/title and contact numbers.
- Responsible for transport regulations/requirement updating within Iraq mission, comprising of all necessary documents, network contacts and any additional supporting documents required for smooth transport operation.
- Responsible for monitoring and follow up of shipment to and from MSF OCB Baghdad to its projects
- Ensuring the security and progress of all movement/transfer of stocks from MSF OCB Baghdad warehouse to and from other locations
- Fully responsible in archiving properly and consistently all freight and shipping documents according to the supply department filing methodology. Strict Followup is required
- Fully accountable of all freight documents, supporting documents provided to consignee.
- Communicating, sending, receiving, follow up and properly archiving all Shipping documents
- Assist in the warehouse with stock management with the following activities;
- Ensure that the physical stock prepared for shipment or received is the right items on the document with the correct batch number, expiry date and quantity
- Cold Chain shipment to projects or external office should be prepared and transported according to MSF cold chain preparation protocol
- FEFO (First Expired First Out) is strictly observed and followed
- Ensure that all documents (Shipping, Reception, Donation Certificate etc) are signed by all concerned persons and properly archived
- Planning and supervising the day to day procurement activities ensuring an efficient implementation of the procurement procedures in the project or capital, ensuring compliance to MSF standards and protocols.
- Being responsible for the supply database (UniField) and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data.
- Collecting claims from the field, analyzing causes and making corrective actions.
- Performing any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
· Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
Essential: Experience in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures
Essential: Experience in Federal Iraq importation procedures for medical cargos.
· Essential: Excellent user of 365 Microsoft office.
· Desirable: Previous experience in warehouse management.
· Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits)
Essential: Arbaic, English
- How to apply If you are confident that you meet the above requirements: Send your Motivation Letter & CV in English to: [email protected] Or drop your application in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office in Baghdad_ Al Mansour. Also, this post is shared on both Jobs Announcements platforms: NGO Jobs Bids website https://ngosjobs-bids.com Iraq Jobs Scout website https://iqjscout.com ALWAYS CLEARLY MENTION THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: Supply Chain Officer Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted but not selected CVs may be kept on file in case of future vacancies. MSF has the right to postpone or cancel this recruitment.
- Job Reference Supply Chain Officer