Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
Overall purpose of the role To support with logistics and purchasing for Diyala office and program sites throughout Diyala in close coordination with the Supply chain officer / TL, Diyala program teams, other departments (finance, etc.) and with the Area Office Supply Chain team to ensure compliance with DRC Supply Chain guidelines.
• Responsible for the procurement cycle including receiving & verifying Purchase Requests from program teams, identification of potential suppliers, receiving quotations from suppliers through a Single Quote or Request for Quotations (RFQ) process, completing RFQ reports, organizing signing of Purchase Orders (contracts) with suppliers, and working with finance team to ensure timely payment to suppliers.
• Ensure all processes are completed in accordance with the DRC Procurement Manual, SOPs, and donor guidelines
• Filing, scanning, and sharing all required documents & procurement/supplier files
• Maintaining an up-to-date procurement tracker in coordination with Area Office Supply Chain department
• Conduct all duties in accordance with the DRC Code of Conduct and ensure all DRC Suppliers conform with the DRC Code of Ethics
• Follows up in a timely manner with Suppliers for all urgent requirements.
• Provides timely Procurement Reports on Procurement activity to line manager and related programs
• Responsible for the fleet management for all Diyala vehicles
• To ensure the cars are in a clean condition on a daily basis.
• Collect vehicles data and complete vehicles monthly reports
• Follow up and maintain Generators fuel consumption through trackers, weekly and monthly report.
• To perform general check up on the cars (engine oil, brake oil, tires pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, etc.) to make sure the car is ready at all times where practicable.
• Develop daily and weekly movement plan.
• Responsible for with the following up Vehicle fuel refilling and maintenance.
• Support the movement of goods from warehouse(s) to distribution sites.
• Take Monthly inventory of goods in warehouse.
• Ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of warehouse.
• Provide oversight for casual workers.
• Scan delivered items and ensure quality.
• Responsible for logistical support to the sub-offices at program locations, and to program teams including maintenance & repair, generator functionality & fueling, etc.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
• This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 years or more of experience in logistics/ fleet/procurement is preferred
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations is a plus
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team
- Honesty & integrity are a must
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Good communication skills written and verbally
Knowledge of gender and protection mainstreaming; a commitment to apply an age, gender and diversity (AGD) approach to programming.In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months
Start date: 1/Nov/2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National;
please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 18th Oct 2021
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!