Team Member / 2ic / Deputy Team Leader providing armed and sometimes non-armed protection security for client contracts in hostile and high-risk environments.
These individuals are responsible for maintaining the highest standards and presenting the team and its capabilities to clients. They are compliant with Control Risks’ standard operating procedures (SOPs) at all times and work with colleagues to deliver the best possible service to the client. The locations of these roles are mainly in Basra, Iraq.
- Demonstrates client etiquette, discipline and Control Risks’ low-profile approach
- Remains informed about the threats and key issues in the country working
- Conducts vehicle and dismounted contact and immediate action drills
- Possesses competent navigation skills, including map-reading, compass and use of GPS
- Uses vehicle-mounted and handheld communications systems
- Complies with Rules of Engagement
- Maintains competence in all required skills through regular formal assessment
- Conducts effective administration, such as vehicle maintenance, equipment husbandry/accountability and reports and returns
- Assists in conducting risk assessments and operational planning
- Issues orders to team members and briefs clients in line with SOPs when required
- Conducts venue and route recces and produces reports
- Commands the team and issues direction to clients
- Minimum of 5 years of military/police experience, with at least 6 months of operational experience
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Available to deploy at short notice
- Fully compliant to work within the location require
- 12 months commercial experience working within the country working
- Experience managing operations for oil and gas clients
- Experience managing local guard force
- Experience working for Control Risks
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Non-native English speakers from countries where English is not the official language: proof (dated within the last two years) of language ability based on the TOEFL testing process with score of 110 or above or the IELTS of 8 or above.
- Valid SIA Frontline Close Protection Licence
- Valid certificate for FPOS-I Level 4 and/or FREC Level 3 and/or AoFAQ Level 3
- Military records
- Holds a BTEC Level 3 Close Protection Certificate recognised by the Security Industry Authority (SIA or country equivalent) and accredited by Ofqual
- HECPO qualified preferable
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Life insurance cover
- Personal Accident insurance
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.