Under the management of the Project Manager, the Team Supervisor will ensure smooth implementation of HI kit distribution activities and the direct management and supervision of the distribution teams.
- Implementation of distribution activities
- Ensure the implementation of the distribution activities according to the objectives defined by the Project Manager
- Organize, coordinate and supervise distribution activities in Diyala governorate
- Ensure the team is carrying out high standard activities, as per the SoPs and methodology, including respecting Covid19 precautionary measures.
- Organize, coordinate and supervise the HI team under your management
- Create the weekly planning of HI teams and manage their daily activities and movements to the field
- Identify, document and report on technical and operational challenges and issues to improve
- Identify any training needs of the field teams and relay these needs to the PM and the Technical Advisor
- Prepare and share with the Project Manager attendance sheets, leave requests, travel allowance forms, etc. in a timely manner and according to HR procedures
- Contribute to the monitoring and reporting of activities
- Ensure the team is recording and reporting activities, flag any problem to the Project Manager
- Provide weekly report to the Project Manager
- Support the team in completing correctly all the required reporting tasks (statistics, field activity reports, etc.)
- Support the Project Manager consistency of the project’s archive including assessment forms, distribution lists and donation certificates
- Liaise with local stakeholders, authorities upon request of the PM
- At field level, meet on regular basis the different stakeholders (local associations, authorities, etc.) when requested
- Making sure that the community is informed of the date, location and eligibility requirement for the distribution if required, participate in the initial needs assessment to help the program.
- Logistics’ follow up
- Ensure the follow up of the stock under the project’s responsibility and its correct documentation through the physical count of the stock, the stock reconciliation, archiving donation certificates, etc. in collaboration with the logistic department and communicate discrepancies to the PM
- Communicate to the PM any material/need the team could request for the implementation of the project activities
- Organize the movements to the field and share it with the logistics department in a timely manner
- Other tasks
- To demonstrate an ethic and professional practice
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality
- Respect and promote HI’s Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners
- Address needs and requests in a professional way
- Demonstrate willingness to improve professional competences and abilities to increase care
- Demonstrate motivation at work
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Line management: Project Manager
Education: University degree in social work or a related field.
Languages: Excellent Arabic. English preferable.
Minimum of 1 year relevant professional experience, including team management
Previous experience with international or local NGOs desirable.
Proven ability to work within a team and collaborate
Management capacity and excellent interpersonal communication skills
Abilities to properly communicate with beneficiaries, families, and other staff
Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast moving, multi-site environment.
Time and work management abilities as well as autonomy
Willing to learn and develop professionally
Ability to handle confidential matters, meet deadlines and work under pressure
The working hours are the following:
Sunday until Thursday, from 8.00 AM to 4.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities. This position entails daily field movements within Diyala governorate.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
v Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
v Internal regulation (IR)
v Child protection policy (CPP)
v Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
v Antifraud and bribery
v Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before 25th Nov 2020 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD-TSD–534 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD-TSD–534