JD Testing & Commissioning Engineer
Role Summary/Purpose :
The Testinging & Commissioning Engineer is responsible for the coordination and completion of the Testing & Commissioning Works of the Electrical substation in accordance with the overall targets (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery) defined for the Project and in line with the technical specifications of the Contract.
Essential Responsibilities :
The Testing & Commissioning Engineer is in charge of:
• Organizing and managing all the substation tests
• Preparing test plan and associated test procedures
• Carrying out all type of site tests
• Establishing and updating testing schedule, in accordance with overall schedule
• Managing test equipment at site such as: digital multi-meters, injection sets, watt-meters, etc., and ensure their calibration certificates are valid.
• Checking all tests done on site are in accordance with contact requirements (quality, type)
• Issuing and managing non-conformance reports when required
• Ensuring marked-up of all drawings for preparation of as-built documentation
• Centralizing/filling test reports and ensuring they are duly approved/signed by Consultant (if any) or Client
• Organizing and managing the backup of all equipment computer files such as protection relays settings equipment configuration etc., in order to deliver them along with marked-up drawings
• Ensuring compliance to PMH, GRID Quality & EHS Policies and IMS procedures
• Recording and reporting of Quality Objectives & KPI data
Coordination with Client for Daily activities
The Testing & Commissioning Engineers Shall be specialized in the following fields:
• Power Transformers, including: 400/132kV Transformers, 132/11kV Transformers, Aux. Transformers, NER, Capacitor Banks, Reactors
• Switchgears, including: 400kV GIS, 220kV GIS, 132kV GIS, 33kV switchgear, 11kV switchgear
• Protection & Control, including: all protection panels for different levels 400/132/33/11kV (BusBar prot. line prot., BS prot., BC prot., transformer prot. scheme check, stability, Load shedding, Capacitors Prot..etc.), all Control panels for different level (incl. AVR, ABTS, ACCS, AMR), AC/DC distribution boards, 125V & 48V Batteries & Chargers.
• Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning in Iraq.
• Electrical Engineer.
. Ready to work in all province.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.