Under the recently-awarded Iraq PMES contract, MSI provides USAID/Iraq with utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of the contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches. The project involves services across four components: (1) Performance Management, (2) Evaluation Services, (3) M&E Capacity Building, and (4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting. The project will have offices Baghdad and Erbil.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position**
USAID relies on third-party monitoring (TPM) to provide independent monitoring data to inform management decisions and corrective actions. The PMES activity will provide on-the-ground monitoring, verification and reporting services for USG contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements in Iraq. A team of Third-Party Field Monitors (3-PFMS) will be tasked with providing activity verification, oversight and performance/outcome monitoring for USAID activities. MSI anticipates hiring at least 10 full-time 3-PFMs located across Iraq, with the ability to monitor activities across all 18 provinces.
- Coordinate and conduct site visits, which may include
- Assess the implementing partner’s progress against timelines and benchmarks in implementation/work plans
- Review the existence of appropriate internal controls to ensure the delivery of services to intended beneficiaries
- Review compliance with pertinent USG and USAID regulations, laws and policies, such as regarding branding and marking, environmental compliance, workplace environment, gender and countering trafficking in persons compliance, etc.
- Conduct checks of the timeliness and quality of activity inputs and outputs
- Confirm the accuracy of data reported by partners in the quarterly and annual reports
- Verify the eligibility of listed beneficiaries for services or programs, ensuring that services are reaching eligible and intended beneficiaries
- Gather feedback on the quality and relevance of training and technical assistance programs
- Verify the proper and safe storage of commodities
- Verify sub-contractor/grantee compliance with sub-contract/grant terms
- Verify compliance with quality and safety measures for construction and rehabilitation programs
- For activity verification and oversight site visits, assess compliance, implementation progress, and the timeliness and quality of inputs and outputs
- For performance and outcome monitoring visits, assess whether the inputs and outputs are achieving the intended outcomes and impacts, the soundness of the development hypothesis, and the relevance of the program to address underlying development needs and constraints
- Work with local authorities to obtain access to sites and coordinate closely with USAID staff
- Prepare site visit reports, uploading data in a timely manner and in accordance with protocols.
- Collect quality data and meet weekly site visit targets
- Help the team develop new and better ways to use MEL to support USAID/Iraq and its implementing partners to improve the lives of Iraqis
- Undergraduate degree in a related field is preferred
- A minimum of five years relevant experience required, such as in project management, performance monitoring, data collection, evaluation, and assessing data quality
- Familiarity with USAID M&E procedures and/or experience conducing independent monitoring and verification of USAID activities required
- Sector-specific knowledge and expertise in one or more technical sector, such as governance and accountability, economic growth, education, post-conflict and resilience, gender and integration, and stabilization
- Experience applying qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and methods, including document review, beneficiary feedback surveys, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, crowdsourcing, etc.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to work effectively with partners and stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills in English
- Must be willing to travel frequently throughout Iraq
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
- Address Multiple Locations, Iraq