Wood is currently sourcing for a Trainee Engineer – Structural to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on a 6/1 rotation.
- To carry out Civil / Structural discipline work within a project team, supporting the project team for field development of oil and gas production facilities
- To prepare Civil / Structural deliverables for a project in the oil and gas industry, and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures
- Experience in Concrete, Structural steel, Underground drainage & Layout design, estimation and drawing detailing will be preferred.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project specifications and schedule
- To promote safe behaviour at all times. Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Keep up to date with technical developments.
- Maintain good communication with the team and client.
- Degree in Civil Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Minimum of 0-1 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry
- Previous working experience in Iraq would be an advantage.
- Candidates must hold a valid Basra Residency Card