The Trainer (Education) will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
The Trainer is assigned with the responsibility to guarantee the effective implementation of the project activities.
Under direct supervision of Filed coordinator and PM, the tutor of teachers will be responsible for coordination of the activities in his/her area of responsibility, including coordination with DoE, partner NGO in this project and other stakeholders. S/he will ensure internal and external reporting in compliance with FOCSIV and the donor’s procedures and that expected results attainment in budget management. S/He ensures the delivery of the activities on time, on-quality, on-budget.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- In coordination with Education Officer and Head of Programs set-up work plan for activities in compliance with projects results and donor requirements.
- Liaise with DoE staff, school staff, educators, and Local Partner to identify needed capacity building training.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of capacity building training.
- Assess the needs for goods/services to support activities and report them to the Education Officer, ensuring follow-up of procurements with Logistic department.
- In coordination with local partners, support training needs assessments to identify outcomes of trainings and prepare reports to feed into relevant project reports.
- Participate in formal and non-formal education activities.
- Support the creation of community events to promote the education and social inclusion of children with disabilities.
- In partnership with local stakeholders (NGOs, National Society, DoE), ensure proper follow-up of the educational activities and specific community events for the benefit of the children, their families, and the community in order to promote social cohesion and the correct school management and educational planning.
- Responsible for regular reports such as daily, weekly, monthly…etc.
- Ensure that data are collected, archived, processed, analyzed and disseminated in ethical modalities, in line with internal data protection protocols.
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess ongoing activities and prepare reports to monitor quality of program implementation.
- Ensure a positive work environment, showing sensitivity and understanding in resolving conflicts and facilitating productive discussions with staff and stakeholders.
- Ensure activities are implemented in line with FOCSIV Code of Conduct, Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), policies and guidelines.
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
Skills and Qualifications REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Economic, Social work or other field related to social development and humanitarian work.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in facilitating and convey in simple manner education topics (INEE, Positive Parenting, Social Cohesion) to headmasters, teachers and parents.
- Ability to plan trainings activities to reach target results and objectives, including delivery of pre- and post-tests.
- Experienced in preparing training reports and follow-up on excel sheets.
- Ability to plan and organize work under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- Solid team working and management skills in multicultural environment.
- Positive, problem solver and dynamic with ability to motivate and guide staff.
- Good level of English (written and oral).
Fluent in Arabic and Kurdish
- Address Baashiqa Subd-district-Nineveh
- How to apply If you are interested in this position please send your CV and motivation letter to the following email address: email@example.com, including the following subject “TRAINER (EDUCATION), BASHIQA-NINEWA”. The deadline to apply for this position is ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬31 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. FOCSIV considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.