Translator I (reports through Director and Associate Director)
This role carries out translation and Marketing and Communications content development and project management functions, as well as the coordination of the department’s Translator II. This candidate has the capacity for clear translation and messaging, within the brand and on strategy, across a large variety of content types – including email and website copy, media advertisements and exposure, radio, and brochures to editorially-driven work on resource guides, infographics, video scripts, website insights, and more.
Main duties and key responsibilities include:
- Translation – This role manages translation duties for the institution, both verbal and written, for a wide variety of communication vehicles including, but not limited to, interpersonal communications, including meeting translation and in-person visitors and tour groups, internal and external correspondence, and social media and other written, spoken or digital communications
- Content creation – Development of English and/or Arabic content for print, digital, spoken, and social media exposure. The candidate’s work will also include internal and corporate communications projects, providing a wide breadth that will introduce his or her work to internal and external audiences
- Regarding editorial content, the candidate can produce original, relevant, clear, and compelling material that engages and informs with a clear call to action.
- Develop and maintain content strategy/editorial calendar
- Thoroughly researches industry competitors and target audiences to support creative strategy and inform execution
- Provides writing and translation support for a variety of programs and projects as needed, including messaging to external audiences and internal stakeholders
- Helps department leads manage and track strategic content initiatives, working with direct supervisor, peers, and other internal departments to track progress and results and inform future content decisions
- Ensures accuracy and attention to detail across projects that reflects positively on AUIB’s brand and strategic priorities
- Plans, develops, and project manages assignments, as well as incoming and existing workflow and supports the team in best practices to ensure all projects are tasked and completed on time
- Conceptualizes, researches, and executes projects and initiatives requiring a high degree of sophistication and depth of knowledge in order to promote the AUIB brand
- Helps team members organize editorial development and design, and manage feedback
- Keeps leadership and other staff members informed of progress, seeking review and approval at regular intervals, as well as collecting feedback from other departments
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation, Interpreting or equivalent experience
- Five or more years’ work experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in AP style
- Understands higher education industry-specific terminology
- Experience in a government or higher education environment
Position Type: Full time/Regular, local hire
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, current formal photo, and the names and contact information for three (3) previous HR directors as a references. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application with supporting documents to the email address: