Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Turnaround Planner to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
The Primary purpose of this role is to provide and develop the planning and scheduling capability in the Maintenance team. This position requires the Planner to manage their own time split between the providing planning services and developing a planning capability through local CLIENT resources. Primarily serving the Turnaround Team, Planners are required to provide services to Turnarounds at all operational units in addition to wider planning needs of maintenance including major activities, overhaul programmes etc.
The Planner will be required to adopt an holistic view of planning and the people, process and technology employed. Within this role, personnel are required to develop planning strategies and tools in addition to development and coaching of national CLIENT staff
During Turnaround and other site events, significant site based work is required in this position working alongside local maintenance staff to provide visibility and control of activities.
- Annual budget –none
- Staff – Varies, Multiple Iraqi national planners
- Deliver –
- Create, review, support, challenge and assure Project, Commisioning, Turnaround and Operational plans and schedules.
- Develop a core in-house CLIENT Staff planning group
- Coach CLIENT national personnel in all aspects of planning, scheduling and scenario development, to provide decision making structures and to ultimately nationalize the role
This position plays a key role in supporting the CLIENT case for future development, by demonstrating successful planning, scheduling and scenario development to derisk the delivery of complex execution events.
- Site based role to deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for Turnaround Events, Project and Commissioning programmes and Operational activities.
- Provide technical expertise for planning of activities.
- Provide technical expertise specific to planning, where necessary, to operations, balance of plant maintenance, project design, construction, commissioning and start-up expertise.
- Develop the key dates, activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance in Primavera P6.
- Establish, maintain and assure delivery against planning standards.
- Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Develop and maintain progress measurement procedure.
- Cooperate and liaise with diverse stakeholders included but not limited maintenance, operations, project teams to ensure proper understanding of the scope, required resources, critical jobs, schedule sensitivities and drivers are captured and maintained.
- Integrate schedules from Projects, Commissioning, Operations to provide an end to end execution schedule
- Conduct the schedule daily/ weekly/ monthly (event dependent) progress updates, forecast, critical/ longest paths and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to team members/ team management.
- Develop and update S-curve, progress tracker, manpower histograms (incl resource levelling) for events and operations.
- Understand the list of work orders required to execute the assigned event elements and their interface to other activities.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize plan(s).
- Chair meetings to discuss current and upcoming activities, discussing daily progressed jobs and updating the plan accordingly.
- Develop “what if scenarios” as needed
- Provide coaching, training competence development of CLIENT employees to ensure that Iraqi personnel are trained and developed to meet existing and future work demands
- Develop, train, coach Iraqi staff in planning and scheduling philosophies, tools and techniques.
- Numerous operating Units spread over a wide geographical area with different equipment, processes and personnel.
- Multiple parallel Turnaround preparation programmes.
- Drive adherence to best practice planning processes and practice.
- Standardisation of data quality and availability, support changeover/ implementation of CMMS
- Drive greater compliance with PPE and safety standards in challenging conditions.
- Ability to work effectively with and, where necessary, integrate with different functions to support Planning
- Standardisation of planning information including status for daily reporting purposes
- Influence without direct authority, support the ‘right maintenance’ agenda
- Coaching of local CLIENT personnel, including senior colleagues, to improve competency development
- Resilience to the physically and mentally challenging working environment
Skills / Qualifications
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Engineering Degree and/ or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in planning positions in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Turnaround, Commissioning, Project or Operations planning experience.
- Practical on-site experience.
- Good written and oral communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fully versed with Planning principles and techniques. Primavera P6
- Experience with SAP, MS office
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!