Ultimate Talent Company is urgenly seeking on behalf of International Organization for a talented and qualified candidate for Climate Conflict Trainer Position:
|Position||Climate Conflict Trainer|
|No. of Position:||1|
|Erbil & Mosul
|Type of Employee||National Staff|
|Announcement Date:||05 September 2023|
|Application deadline:||15 September 2023|
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Climate Conflict Trainer to develop and deliver a comprehensive climate conflict mediation/dialogue training package tailored to the specific context of Iraq. This package will equip local stakeholders, including community leaders and local authorities, with the knowledge and skills necessary to address climate-induced/exacerbated conflicts effectively. The successful candidate will also play a crucial role in training a group of identified trainers through a Train-the-Trainers (ToT) program, enabling them to deliver the training to a wider audience across Iraq.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a training package with theoretical frameworks, practical mediation and dialogue techniques, and culturally sensitive case studies relevant to Iraq.
- Structure the package into different components, allowing for separate use, including basic and advanced levels.
- Ensure the package caters to participants with varying levels of knowledge in conflict transformation and climate peace/conflict nexus.
- Integrate experiential, hands-on activities such as roleplays, simulations, and small group discussions to enhance engagement and learning.
- Develop captivating visual materials like infographics to accommodate diverse learning styles.
- Include practical tools and templates, such as agenda templates, conflict analysis worksheets, and sample dialog guides, for participants to use during and after training.
- Develop a comprehensive evaluation system to assess participants’ skill enhancement before and after training, utilizing assessments, observations, and feedback surveys.
- Deliver a training course in Arabic to a group of identified stakeholders, including community leaders and local authorities in Tal Afar, covering the full training package from basic to advanced.
- Train a group of identified trainers with diverse backgrounds and some experience in conflict transformation and climate peace/conflict nexus.
- Provide essential facilitation techniques, practical facilitation simulations, and theoretical knowledge.
- Organize multiple training sessions over an agreed-upon period to ensure thorough training.
- Work closely with the Berghof project team and partner organization to align training objectives and content.
- Participate in regular (online) consultations with the project team and partner organization to discuss progress, questions, and further issues.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Economics/Studies, Social Sciences, Conflict/Peace Studies, International Relations/Development, Political Science, Master degree in a privilege.
- Minimum 7 Years of Experience in the field of climate conflict prevention and resolution, peacebuilding and conflict-sensitive development.
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook);.
- Extensive knowledge of climate change, environmental issues, natural resource management and the intersection with peacebuilding and conflict transformation/resolution.
- Substantive experience in curricula development with relevance to climate conflict mediation, peace and conflict prevention.
- Substantive experience with training on results-oriented development in the areas of conflict prevention, climate conflict mediation and dialogue, peace building.
Working Condition and Benefit Package:
- Salary: $2500- $3000 USD, based on candidate experience and knowledge;
- Communication: Sim-Card, Internet & Monthly Scratch Card for business purpose.
- Salary Offer $2500 USD- $3000 USD. USD $2500 USD- $3000 USD. Month
- How to apply Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to Jobs@ultimate-talent.com, Subject line must read: UT-IRQ-038, Climate Conflict Trainer, Erbil & Mosul
- Job Reference UT-IRQ-038, Climate Conflict Trainer, Erbil & Mosul