Job Title: Vice Provost
Institution: The American University of Kurdistan
Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Job Type: Full-Time
Posting Date: 6/9/2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with experience
The American University of Kurdistan invites applications for the new position of Vice Provost within the Division of Academic Affairs. The Vice Provost will collaborate with faculty and administrative staff and liaise with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Planning and the President to build and implement assessment policies, practices, and systems, and link assessment activities with institutional accreditation and academic planning. The focus will be on academic excellence, integrity, and the fostering of a culture of continuous improvement.
The Vice Provost is responsible for ensuring that assessment and institutional effectiveness standards meet or exceed the requirements of the New England Commission for Higher Education (NECHE), as well as American best practices. The candidate will be a pivotal leader in developing a strategy for institutional effectiveness, clarifying priorities, and setting the future course for academic enhancement/improvement.
This position is a full-time, 12-month position with required residency in Duhok, Kurdistan Region of Iraq; the candidate will have a concurrent faculty appointment and teaching assignment.
- Serve as a leader within the Provost’s team to enact the University’s strategic goals and provide direction and executive oversight to promote academic excellence.
- Serve on the Academic Council and collaborate with the deans and administrative directors to review and optimize academic programs and their delivery.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and monitor programs to ensure that they meet or exceed the University’s academic and external accreditation standards.
- Helps to ensure that quality educational services for students are being delivered in accordance with AUK’s educational goals and Faculty Handbook.
- Ensure that academic programs are current with public and private sector expectations.
- Conduct feasibility studies and market studies to identify academic programs for future development.
- Oversee new program development, the annual SLO report, and assessment processes.
- Oversee the collection, analysis, reporting, dissemination, and archiving of assessment data/reports/results to support accreditation, program review, and resource planning.
- Work closely with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness & Planning to ensure quality assurance mechanisms are implemented and documented.
- Serve on the President’s Council and other Committees as appropriate.
Competencies, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Doctoral degree and/or terminal degree with extensive experience in higher education
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a faculty member in an international-style university
- Experience in the assessment of learning outcomes and accreditation requirements in international-style higher education
- Experience in academic program development and assessment.
- Experience in change management within a higher education institution.
- Working knowledge of international accreditation, assessment, and regulatory compliance.
- Effective management and change leadership skills
- Demonstrated expertise in working with various internal and external constituencies
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, good judgment, and excellent English-language written and oral communication.
- Evidence of success in working with diverse audiences from a variety of backgrounds.
- Evidence of effective strategic planning and implementation.
- Experience in personnel management together with a track record of inclusivity and multicultural workplace skills.
It is the policy of the American University of Kurdistan to provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. The University promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace and makes recruiting decisions exclusively on the basis of qualifications, merit, and current work needs. This policy applies to all hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, remuneration, benefits, and training procedures within our Institution.
The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be including a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, curriculum vitae, and three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant. If you face any problems with the Application process, report them to the following email ([email protected]).