We are currently looking for a Warehouse Management System Specialist for an international oil &energy company in Khormor – Kurdistan region of Iraq on a 6 month contract that may be extended to report to the Supply Chain Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage all activities related to setting up of a new warehouse and transfer of all materials. from existing warehouse. The activities include planning warehouse layouts, designing storage systems & nomenclature, optimizing space utilization & material flow, managing logistics for transfer of materials, posting transaction in SAP.
• Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements.
• Develop warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems.
• Develop warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process workflow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout, implementing changes.
• Use the new warehouse’s layout locating existing shelves (and relative slots), aisles and input/output points upon the definition of the desired map’s scale factor to the requirement for current stock items and plan the future storage solutions.
• Data analysis, analyzing items movements occurred in the warehouse during the last 36 months, thus calculating the upper and lower bound on the number of required slots to allocate the items.
• Calculation of the overall number of input and output movements per each item, identifying “fast mover” items (high movement ratio – M.R.) and “slow mover” products (low movement ratio). RFP for Hire of Warehouse Management System Specialist.
• Create map, the number of ground slots, of total required shelves levels and of the overall available volume, thus be estimating − racks/shelves height; − conventional slots height and calculate:
▪ horizontal and vertical metric distances from each slot to the warehouse input/output point.
▪ average loading and picking time required for each available slot.
▪ “warm” slots (yellow): slots characterized by an average distance from the warehouse input/output point.
▪ “cold” slots (blue): slots farer from the warehouse input/output point and, thus, slowly reachable slots (high weighted).
• Pareto Analysis and classification of the items based on movement for defining storage location to support faster materials handling.
• Develop shelving & racking solution/design supported by Shelving & Racking Contractor to build and tag accordingly.
C. Minimum Educational / Professional Experience
➢ Degree in engineering.
➢ Previous work experience (2-5 years) in WMS design and implementation
➢ Experience with end-user applications and enterprise integration (like SAP or equivalent,
➢ Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
➢ Critical thinking ability with strong problem-solving skills, good communication
➢ Minimum of 3-4 years of SAP project implementation experience in SAP EWM or SAP
WM/IM area and integration with other process areas is required.
➢ Deep understanding of systems, configuration, and business processes within SAP Supply
Chain and Logistics Execution modules (EWM/IM/MM) and other SAP cross-functional
experience in Procurement, TM, QM, GTS, and SD is required.
➢ Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills including the ability to express
complex technical concepts in business terms.
➢ Strong Integration experience SAP with non-SAP external systems (Shipping Application,
3PL, warehouse Automation solution etc.) is desirable.
➢ In depth understanding of the SAP Application Architecture & Technology including S4/Hana.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Address Khormor