In this role, the Engineer Officer will work closely with the Program Manager and other engineering staff to ensure effective construction of a borehole and water network in Solagh, Sinjar, and prepare for works in 2024. The Engineer Office will have technical oversight of local contractors while also working closely with local authorities to ensure their buy-in of the project. In this role, the Engineer Officer will conduct regular visits to the project sites to support in the oversight the progress of the work. The Engineer will be responsible for reporting data on activities and offering inputs for reporting requirements to the Senior Engineer and Program Manager. Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a dedicated and service-minded engineer to serve in this role.
- Ensure the timely and satisfactory completion of the rehabilitation of boreholes, establishment of water networks, and sanitation structures in Qataniyah
- Consistent discussions with the contractor to ensure that the project stays on an appropriate timeline and that the work is completed to the highest standard
- Planning the progress of work with the contractor and being able to project completion times
- Create and verify technical drawings and designs, consulting with other professionals to ensure the soundness of the rehabilitation plans
- Coordinate and consult with local authorities to ensure buy-in and agreement.
- Work closely with other Engineer Officers, WASH Trainers, and WASH Program Assistant along with Program Manager and Senior Engineer to ensure close collaboration between teammates.
- Regularly report on program activities and data to the Senior Engineer including conducting baseline and end-line surveys
- Effectively coordinate with multiple departments such as security, logistics, human resources, finance, warehouse and other programs to further relevant program activities
- Complete other activities and reports as assigned
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of integrity.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills.
- Technical experience managing a contractor for large infrastructure projects.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
Degree in engineering with at least two years of relevant work experience. Civil engineering degree preferred.
- Shingali Kurdish and English required (spoken and written), Arabic a plus
- Address Sinjar, Snuni