Terms of Reference
Supervision and Management
The PHE Officer will oversee the intern, including providing induction. The HR Team will be available also to assist with setting up the intern.
Oxfam GB- Iraq will provide computer, a desk, internet connection, and stationary in office. Oxfam will pay 40500 IQD a day to cover the cost of food, transport to and from the office 500 IQD will be for the health insurance purposes. Transport to attend meetings will be provided by Oxfam drivers when available.
No other remuneration will be offered.
Terms of Reference signed between Oxfam and
on 6th November 2022
|Name of Intern
|Scope of Work||WASH Intern|
|Duration||Till 31th March 2023|
· Ensure proper record keeping of all activities and prepare monthly/quarterly activity report in time
· Document feedback from beneficiaries to ensure learning is documented and fed back into programming.
· Participate in the technical assessments at target communities’ level: carry out personal interview at household level, facilitation of focus group discussions, visits to sites and infrastructures, and meeting with key members of community to deliver planned activities in Salah Al Din.
· Oversee the distribution of hygiene kits, cleaning kits for health centers and vulnerable families at the targeted communities.
· Implement hygiene promotion activities in the target locations with the support of the PHE Officer, community volunteers and committees in close coordination with relevant stakeholders.
· Work with logistics and finance for the timely delivery of required supplies and materials for the hygiene promotions activities.
· Ensure that work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues to promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of work.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
· Together with the other WASH Team members and Media team, facilitate developing appropriate awareness raising materials.
· Identify and train community health volunteers and build their capacity to support in Hygiene awareness raising activities, beneficiary selection and distributions
· Formation of community committees to support in the beneficiary selection and monitoring and follow ups.
· Participate in WASH trainings carried out by Oxfam, WASH clusters and other platforms
· Manage and supervise daily community health Volunteers activates.
· Provide training and capacity building of Community Health Volunteers on WASH aspects
· Manage implementation of community engagement and awareness raising activities in the field.
· Weekly collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, ..etc.)
· Monitoring of hygiene promotion activities realized by OXFAM such as the local NGOs and participate in building their capacity.
– University degree in Engineering, public health, social science, environmental science, and water and health related.
– Language: Language: Arabic & English (fluent in speaking, good in writing)
– Have Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Address Salahaddin Tikrit 40st.
- Salary Offer As per Oxfam salary scale USD As per Oxfam salary scale Month
- How to apply OXFAM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation. TO APPLY: As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. For more details about this Vacancy, please visit the job advert using the below link: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/wash-intern---tikrit---int9067-int9067/18327/description/ Application only should be WORD-PDF format. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Reference INT9067