Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger and recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition. Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger delivers programs, in over 40 countries while committed to respect humanitarian principles as a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and, non-profit organization. Our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergencies and conflict. Action Against Hunger intervenes in four main areas: Nutrition, Mental Health & Care Practices; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Food Security and Livelihoods; Advocacy and Raising Awareness.
Action Against Hunger is looking for a WASH officer based in its office in Basra.
Work place: Basra with medium likelihood to travel outside the governorate based on work needs.
Type of contract: 7 Months – Fixed-Term contract with the possibility of extension.
Working Hours: Full Time Contract of minimum 40 hours per week up to a maximum of 48 hours per week
Monthly Basic Salary: Action Against Hunger provide competitive salary according to ACF salary grid.
Benefits: Monthly Transport Allowance, Medical Insurance and + End of Year Benefit.
Purpose of the position:
Implementing integrated water resource management and hygiene activities,
|Assignment 1: Assess needs and gaps and design response
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Ø To assess the needs in term of small repairing in sanitation (broken doors, broken windows, drainage improvement, broken taps, hand washing facilities, clogged discharge pipes, intimacy fence, small concrete infrastructures …)
Ø To assess the issues of the infrastructures and support the line manager for designing the bill of quantities.
Ø To be able to assess the needs in term of small repairing in water supply system and irrigation methods (Repair, basic leakages, change broken taps, small concrete infrastructures,…)
Ø To be able to list the material and equipment required for the repair and installations.
Ø Review, adapt, develop strategy for community engagement, communication campaigns and / or behaviour change campaigns. Such activities may include but are not limited to door to door session, mass media campaigns, group activities, kit distribution).
Ø To be able to take delivery of the material and to ensure that the delivery is conform to the order.
Ø To be able to repair identified broken components.
Assignment 2: Implementation of WASH project activities
Ø To supervise the infrastructure rehabilitation/construction make sure the implementation is according to the standards and designed BOQs.
Ø Supervise and support the community engagement technician in the implementation of the community engagement activities, as well as the HP, approaches.
|Assignment 3 : Manage the daily workers and community engagement technician and HP
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Ø To train daily workers on basic repairing.
Ø To supervise daily workers, and follow up with the supplier engineer.
Ø To supervise the community engagement technician to follow up on activities.
Assignment 4 : Planning and reporting, providing accurate and timely information to the project manager.
Ø Propose to line manager and MEAL department monitoring plan of ongoing activities.
Ø Submit to line manager weekly activity reports for all implemented activities.
Ø Regularly analyse results of monitoring activities to continuously adapt communication and community engagement activities
Ø Document best practices, failures and lessons learn
Assignment 5 : Relay ACF activities and objectives to the communities and partners
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Ø Develop contacts and explain to stakeholders and to populations the activities and the objectives of the programs;
Ø Represent the organization with the beneficiaries with the agreement of the hierarchical supervisor;
Ø Inform local authorities about all aspects of the programs;
Ø Respect ACF charter and rules;
Ø Involve and inform the communities in the implementation of the program;
Ø Work in collaboration with the stakeholders
- Reporting to:Hierarchical line manager: WASH Senior Officer ,Functional manager/supervisor: PM
- Supervises:Daily Workers
- Field of intervention:Water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Qualification/Degree: Technical Certificate in WASH (preferred candidate should be graduated from Engineering collage)
- Professional Experience: 4 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Specialized/Technical Skills: Strong knowledge in plumbing and/or a serious professional experience in infrastructure rehabilitation and hygiene activities
- General Skills: Strong commitment to the humanitarian crises ,Good physical condition, Dynamism –Good organizing capacity – Rigour Capacity to manage priorities, Ability to analyse problems in the field and find solutions, Good organizational skills, diplomacy, and Flexibility
- Managerial Skills:Able to organize a team of daily workers, volunteers and set priorities
- Language Skills: Spoken proficiency in Arabic (mandatory)English Compulsory
- IT Skills: Knowledge in Microsoft software: Word, PP and Excel
- Address Basra
- Salary Offer Action Against Hunger provide competitive salary according to ACF salary grid. USD Action Against Hunger provide competitive salary according to ACF salary grid. Month
- How to apply HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates must apply through this link: https://forms.gle/oWL2pqMJzHwtP1Je8 Notes: Closing Date: 25th January, 2024 • Shortlisting will be conducted on a rolling basis. • The final candidates will be subjected to security screening and positive references. • ACF is an equal opportunity employer • ACF has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, • and abuse, child abuse and exploitation.
- Job Reference BAS/WASH OFFICER/211/012024