Purpose of Division:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 . Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief’s (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Worldwide Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelters.
The WASH officer responsible for the technical part of WASH needs assessments in IDP camps and address WASH facilities to be rehabilitated, through technical feasibility studies, coordination group discussions, facility and site visits, and interview with key members of the society.
- Responsible/supportive for designing, defining work specifications, quoting, monitoring and evaluating activities related to addressing WASH infrastructure in IDP camps, such as:
- Rehabilitation and treatment of sanitation facilities (toilets, incinerator, waste pit, sukaj pit).
- Rehabilitation or treatment of drinking water infrastructure (hand-dug wells, boreholes, pipe network, tank, and drinking water treatment devices).
- Technical training for community volunteers, members of water, sanitation and public hygiene committees and camp management staff
- Plan, organize and follow up on community mobilization in target communities on issues related to the construction, operation and maintenance of water, sanitation and hygiene facilities.
- Supervising the determination of the technical aspect of the internal purchase order and tender documents for the construction and rehabilitation of water, sanitation and hygiene facilities.
- Supervising the quality control of water, sanitation and hygiene materials available to displaced people inside the camp.
- Site management: general supervision of contractors and protection of children working under his management, ensuring the safety of construction sites and community participation.
- Check the progress and quality of contractors’ work, and make liaison with management and logistics to ensure their payments.
- Follow up on logistics / budget management / site supervision in case of direct IRW intervention for small businesses (rehabilitation of water points or latrines etc.).
- Verify that water, sanitation and rehabilitation infrastructure construction work carried out by partners and contractors are carried out in accordance with the quality standards set by IRW through quality checklists
- Planning and responsibility for preparing weekly data reports in order to follow up on the standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activities completed.
- Writing a weekly report to the direct manager and oral reports whenever necessary.
- Ensure that construction work is integrated with the element of promoting cleanliness and community participation, to ensure the sustainability of the built infrastructure.
- Coordinating WASH construction activities with other sectors of Save the Children, in order to integrate activities in the same geographical area and for the same beneficiaries.
- Coordinate WASH construction activities with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental) and Camps Management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrology, Civil Engineer, or WASH related areas Expertise in Water, Waste-Water, Hygiene, and Engineering
At least 2 years of experience in the WASH sector, and experience in the Humanitarian Sector in Camps
At least 3 years of experience in the Humanitarian Sector and in External coordination and representation
- PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain composure – acting in a calm and measured way, in difficult situations.
- Strong & confident communication skills which deliver information persuasively and with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive demeanor and disposition, and can overcome setbacks by motivating self and others.
- Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Core Values (Required) :
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and organizing.
- CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- PROBLEM-SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situations and solve issues and problems
WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
The position holder will be responsible for traveling in all working Camps.
- Address Atconz R2/70 (New Azadi)
- Salary Offer According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale USD According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale Month
- How to apply Dear Applicant: If you are a Programme person, experienced, competent, reliable, service minded, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the filled and completed form to: [email protected] before the closing time & date (Tuesday, 04:00 pm, 09 January 2024). - Please write the position title: (WASH Officer) in the subject of the email. - CVs will not be accepted. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer. Our values and commitment to safeguarding IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Job Reference https://islamicrelief-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/harem_hadi_ir-iraq_org/ERm4xi3TiQxMub196vnlQZEBXLy0CX8LibNfR6xMtAd8dA?e=DxR7zm